Movie available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy220eHHL7I
Check out my new video: “Overt Fat Free Raw Vegan Pesto Pasta!”
In this video I’ll show you how to make one of my favorite low fat raw vegan “pastas” and a delicious overt fat free pesto sauce!
Although this pasta doesn’t have any overt-fat in it, it is actually extremely high in Omega 3s, which are an extremely healthy essential fatty acid. Spinach and other leafy greens are a great source of Omega 3s.
Note: this is not enough calories for a full meal! Make sure you also have some delicious bananas or mangoes along with this meal, or eat more at another meal to compensate. My meals typically consist of one, two, or three of my favorite fruits. For example, last night I had 12 bananas, an entire pineapple, and a mango for dinner. It’s really important to eat enough fruits and vegetables if you want to be able to stick with a healthy diet! Otherwise you will get too hungry and be tempted by foods you do not want to have in your diet.
I know all of you love fruit and can eat your fruit, but people sometimes have a harder time finding vegetable recipes that they love, and so that’s why I’m sharing this recipe with you. It’s a great way to get your greens in!
- 6 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 lemons
- 4 large cucumbers
- 2 bags of baby spinach
- A Spiralizer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=terisblo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0007Y9WHQ)
- A high-power blender that can handle greens. I recommend a Blendtec or a Vitamix: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GIGZXM/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=terisblo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000GIGZXM, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VMAC8I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=terisblo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004VMAC8I.
- Wash your cucumbers. Slice them in half and cut off the ends so they are flat. This will make spiralizing them easier.
- Blend together your spinach, lemon, and basil. Start with a little spinach, then once that is blended nicely, add more to thicken the sauce. If you need to add water to get your spinach to blend, add as little as possible to keep the sauce thick.
- Pour your pesto over your cucumber noodles, and enjoy!
- Zucchinis and yellow squash also work great as noodles for this dish. If you would like to add even more color to the dish, you can spiralize some carrots or beets as well!