I have been 3 months vegan. I like to eat raw as much as possible. Sometimes life happens and I will eat cooked food more often than I would like to but I feel pretty amazing right now. The reason for me beginning this lifestyle was when I began searching for natural cures for bipolar and chronic depression. I also came from a background full of bulimia, alcoholism, drug abuse, SAD, and depending on caffeine and nicotine constantly. Here are some things I am noticing thus far:
* I have not had a panic attack in 3 months!
* My mind is incredibly clear for once.
* Memory is better
* Easier to quit smoking and drinking. This was huge because I felt so good that I didn't want to put chemicals in my body anymore.
* I am energized first thing in the morning sans coffee!
* My skin is so much clearer. I still get small pimples but it is one hundred times better than it used to be.
* My hair and nails are healthier than ever before
* IBS symptoms are no longer intruding upon my life
* I am never bloated!!!!!!! If I am, it is because my belly is full of food
* Better sex drive
* I have not lost any weight yet, I have stayed the same at 135 lbs at 5'2"
I am a lot heavier than I actually look because I have a lot of muscle as it is. I would love to lose some fat but that is not my main purpose. Time will determine that!
I can't wait to see what else is to come further down the road!