I return to 30BaD with some reservations- none of which concern the actual diet and lifestyle, but moreover the mentality of some members. I hold this diet and lifestyle in the highest esteem as it's the only way I've lived that's has ever cleared up all of my health issues and provided me with enormous amounts of energy and positivity. Some of my best friends have come my way as a result of the connections made on this forum.
When I left last spring, there were a lot of other…
I've never been conventional. I don't believe in marriage because I don't believe in letting the government declare your love for another person. Love is personal and shouldn't be mandated. I also, obviously, don't eat a Standard American Diet. That sets me apart as well. And I never had the typical teenage high school career- no parties, group outings, or slumber parties. Those were over by freshmen year, when I became a vegetarian…
This is how freaking awesome the law of attraction is:
1) I wrote on my whiteboard that by this Saturday I will have received 10 pounds of perfectly ripe bananas for 20cents a pound OR something better. Today I went to Tendercrop Farms (where they supposedly NEVER discount produce) and I got TWENTY pounds of PERFECTLY RIPE bananas that were ORGANIC for NINETEEN cents a pound! How awesome is that?! That was pretty great.
I have a list of goals and on it was to write a mission statement for life, which isn't as simple a process as you'd think it would be. I've spent a lot of time thinking about it lately and I finally drafted what I'm hoping for out of life.
I want to live a happy, healthy, meaningful life that is full of memorable experiences. To live carefree and without attachment to money and material goods. To find love, joy, peace, and harmony within myself and amongst others. To share…
After finishing off a piece of artisan bread, choking it down, I figured I need to realize what my reasons are for going raw and write them down:
1) It's the first diet that makes sense to me as how we're SUPPOSED to eat
2) I want to feel comfortable with eating
3) It takes less wear and tear on the environment
4) Saves time from cooking and preparing food, plus it's easier than just being vegan!
5) I want clearer skin and eyes
6) I want to be able to skip a… Continue
1) My stepsister got engaged
2) My mom stocked her house with bananas, apples, and salad veggies for me
3) I decided on my Thanksgiving menu for dining at a house full of meat-eaters (dates, green smoothie, salad, and soup)
4) I AM THE TOP SCORING ALTO FOR NH CLASSICAL ALLSTATE! (aka I rawk.) :D
*Raw food loves you back
*So many delicious foods that never need any additives
*Less likely to overeat fruit
*Stimulates bowel movements
*Body's natural diet
*Gives you optimal energy
*Helps cure diseases of sorts
*Helps achieve inner peace
*Lots of like-minded people on this diet
*Helps body find natural weight
*No more starving or feeling unsatisfied
*Less expensive, in the… Continue
So as often as I remember, I'm going to blog about my fundamental elements of health from The 80/10/10 Diet. I'm pretty much going to think of ways to improve them.
Clean, fresh air- I opened my windows today to let some of the nice fall air in and then shut them once it got to be too cold. It was nice though. I could definitely stand to get outside more often though. Something about Raynaud's and the cold doesn't mix, unfortunately.