It's Evangeline Owen's birthday today!
Evangeline Owen's Friends
Evangeline Owen's Discussions
Started this discussion. Last reply by Karissa Oct 11, 2014.
I've decided to stop showering and washing my hair. I haven't used any kind of soap on my body for about a month and a half, no shampoo or face soap for a week, and the only water I've come in…Continue
Tags: poo, face, hygiene, no, hair
- Our community would be delighted to know you better. Please tell us more about yourself and what brought you to 30BaD. Detailed responses will only be accepted (feel free to reapply with more detail if at first not approved as a member). We suggest you pick a name other than your own if you want to maintain anonymity.
- I found my way to 30BaD on a long, four year road. I was very depressed in high school, and like most teenagers in my predicament I turned to drugs. I'm not talking the occasional experiment at parties on weekends - I was high out of my mind every day at school for at least a year. I have no idea how I wasn't called out on it by my teachers or how I graduated, but that's not really the point. I was so burnt out after the way I abused my body, I knew that if I went to college I would drop out and waste thousands of my parents hard earned savings. So I didn't even apply, and instead spent the better part of a year sitting on the couch during the day and partying on the weekends. I felt trapped in my depression and always played the victim. I thought, "Poor me, I'll never be happy because I have depression! Oh well, hand me that bong and a bowl of Cheetos." I was unknowingly feeding my depression with my seriously poor lifestyle. Part of this is definitely my fault, it's obvious drugs will burn you out and make you unhappy in the long run, and I was mostly doing depressants. But I was unhappy before I started experimenting with them, and I wholeheartedly credit that to the SAD diet. I was missing a crucial piece of the puzzle (not to mention knowledge!) - veganism. That all changed when, by a stroke of luck (or as I see it, fate), my friend became vegan and for her birthday we went to a vegan restaurant together. After other most delicious meal I'd ever had I couldn't believe how good I felt. I mean, I was light on my feet with more energy and no digestive pain than I had felt in...ever. I literally couldn't remember feeling better. It was a matter of a few weeks before I found myself pouring over youtube channels, and was particularly inspired by Freelee. I felt really connected to her because or her own experience with depression and chronic fatigue syndrome, which I was also diagnosed with. At Harley and Freelee's suggestion I read 80/10/10. I've been %100 vegan since August 2013 and lf raw till 4 for 6 months. Originally I began this journey for my own health, but as I've learned more about the systematic mass murder and torture of innocents, I've realized I could never eat animal products again, even if I was perfectly healthy while doing so (which I'm not suggesting is even possible lol). My love of animals will be the strongest force keeping me on the vegan path, my health is now second. And I think, for me at least, that has been a very freeing discovery. It was like proof that the blinders I wore during my depression that kept me totally focused on myself were gone for good, and I could now focus my energy on helping others and loving others. I had already helped and loved myself, just by going vegan, and all my ailments - depression, chronic fatigue, weak digestion, constant headaches, and joint aches - were completely gone. I've been reading discussions on 30BaD for a while now and I'm just getting around to adding my voice to the community. Thanks for having me, and much love to all!
- What is your gender? PLEASE NOTE: To enhance the community experience, profile pics of yourself are *REQUIRED* to gain membership. Membership will be declined otherwise.
- Please tell us about your dietary inclinations:
- I'm raw till 4
- Are you Connected?
- no & keen to connect
- My favourite books/movies/authors/pastimes are....
- I enjoy writing, sunbathing, swimming, eating sweet and savory fruits, hiking/reconnecting with nature, exploring the world and the amazing cultures to be found, and getting to know myself and meeting new people :) My favorite children's book authors (as I'm interested in becoming one) are Neil Gaiman and Gail Carson Levine.
- Durianrider & Freelee started this site to bring together high carb, raw vegan and vegan lifestylists' across the Globe! 30bad is a high standard and high performance team! We're here to help you make our team! Let us know what high fruit assistance do you need?
- None, that I know of at the moment, but I'm sure something will come to mind :)
- 30bad is a fruit-focused vegan internet community which promotes a high carb fruit based vegan lifestyle free of any animal products. Our forum does not tolerate encouragement of anything contrary to this. Nor do we allow endorsement of non-vegan items or practises which involve the imprisonment, exploitation, abuse or murder of sentient beings. We also require our members to post with proper netiquette. Therefore, please indicate your intention:
- I will comply because I like totally agree with all this