It's Anna Fay's birthday today!
Anna Fay's Discussions
Started this discussion. Last reply by Durianwriter Apr 12, 2013.
Greetings Fruitarians! Looking for omies to chill with in Chanthaburi for the fruit season and durian feast? I am in town and would love to meet up with some fellow fruity people.If you are looking…Continue
Tags: Feast, Accommodation, Fruit, Thailand, Durian
Started Dec 19, 2012
I have been living here less than a week. It is the beginning of a 6-month stay.I have been 80/10/10 quite strictly since May 2012.My plan was to be open to cooked food as long as it was vegan or…Continue
Tags: Fruit, vegetables, family, LFRV, 80/10/10
- Our community would be delighted to know you better. Please tell us more about yourself and what brought you to 30BaD. Detailed responses will only be accepted (feel free to reapply with more detail if at first not approved as a member). We suggest you pick a name other than your own if you want to maintain anonymity.
- Upon learning about the toxicity of plastic and chemicals in 2010, I switched from a S.A.D. diet to an organic one. Over the years after learning to cook, and eat well, I kept learning more and more.. Which, naturally, has brought me here. I have been transitioning to fully raw 80/10/10 over this summer and I have felt quite spectacular evidence that this is the holy grail of health and wellness, and undoubtedly the fountain of youth. I am glowing.
But! I have fallen off the raw train about a week ago, and am in recovery. haha. I had a "vice" week, which included finishing summer school, a good friend's wedding and a potluck camping venture. Now, life will be normalizing as I get into school next week. I am hoping to get a juicer, the 80/10/10 book, and start making more raw soups and smoothies into fall.
Where I live in Oregon, I am lucky to have access to a great variety of fresh organic fruits and vegetables from local sources. mmmm mmmm!
I am hoping that this forum will help me stay on it, as my bestie that I had been living with (and no longer am) was doing it with me, she fell off, and is a bad influence now (I ate pizza with her! with cheese!):. haha.
I love food science and nutrition and am striving to be in optimal health. I am in the field of journalism and will be traveling to Thailand this November and look forward to having fresh tropical fruit, including my first durian.
Hoping to meet some people, feel free to write me if I seem of interest. I could use the writing practice and rawsome friends. :)
- What is your gender? PLEASE NOTE: To enhance the community experience, profile pics of yourself are *REQUIRED* to gain membership. Membership will be declined otherwise.
- female, womyn, babe
- Please tell us about your dietary inclinations:
- I'm HCRV already
- Are you Connected?
- no single
- My favourite books/movies/authors/pastimes are....
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Manifestos: the future of food and seed, Kingdom of Fear.
I like black & white movies and foreign films.
My favorite authors are Noam Chomsky, Hunter Thompson and John Steinbeck
My favorite pastimes are jogging/walking in the old Masonic Cemetery smelling roses and watching the sun set on a summers evening, cloud watching, reading, learning, and writing.
- Please list your website/blog/facebook/myspace etc
- Durianrider & Freelee started this site to bring together high carb, raw vegan and vegan lifestylists' across the Globe! 30bad is a high standard and high performance team! We're here to help you make our team! Let us know what high fruit assistance do you need?
- I ate too many nuts for awhile. Too much dried fruit & trail mixes. I had a cooked food relapse and ate a ton of tempe & tofu and got so gassy I looked like an inflated balloon was in my belly. I got really into raw deserts and raw gourmet. I have spent hours at bookstores grazing through Raw Food recipe books, and months following raw foodists on youtube. I even wrote an article for a class (Writing About Food. btw I am a journalism major) and met local raw foodists and learned a ton through the journey. That is what prepared me for the transition. So, I have been in the transition phase all summer, with only a few hang ups, both with cooked food and raw food mistakes like the nuts.
Right now, I'm feeling a little chubby. Could be the late night date feasts or the lack of jogging. I'm planning on getting back on it very soon. First step is detox and fully raw. Hoping that I wont relapse this time. I'm getting the book!
- 30bad is a fruit-focused vegan internet community which promotes a high carb fruit based vegan lifestyle free of any animal products. Our forum does not tolerate encouragement of anything contrary to this. Nor do we allow endorsement of non-vegan items or practises which involve the imprisonment, exploitation, abuse or murder of sentient beings. We also require our members to post with proper netiquette. Therefore, please indicate your intention:
- I will comply because I like totally agree with all this