30 Bananas a Day!

Hi, I'm new to this group, so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed: I used to do these retreats but one reason I stopped was because they were (in my experience) against having special food needs, and that was long before I was fruitarian, lol. Are there any all-raw-ers who do these retreats? What is the trick? Do you do them in tropical locations where there just happens to be enough fruit available on the side at each meal? Or what? Thanks for your responses. :)

By the way, was about to post this when I just found a thread about this exact topic, and this quote stood out to me:

"Her husband, who was also an Assistant Teacher, said that it is arrogant to choose food and that it is a play of ego to be different. He said that true renunciation is in accepting what is given."

and a response: "Very interesting, thanks for sharing that. It sounds like those assistant teachers were of the medical model mindset. I mean they would never tell you that insulting stuff about it being a play of the ego or standing out of the crowd if it was a prescribed medicine you were taking."

I find this response to be so relevant. I've had teachers tell me that special food needs was the ego trying to be special, but then if they have a medical issue they will take medicine from the doctor and try to get me to do the same. I know what they are pointing at but don't think they see the whole picture. I suppose I probably don't either...still this makes me cringe and it's why I now usually avoid organized courses. I used to try to "go with the program" and would just be sick by the end of courses or partway through. I love someone's idea of opening an 811 meditation center!! 

I do feel that when my mind is more balanced, eating perfect won't be as important. But like someone else said, I'm not willing to sacrifice my health anymore for someone else's program.

<3 <3

Views: 110

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Danielle! :)

Welcome to the 30BaD Vipassana group! :)  There is a discussion on this topic in this group.  If you click on "view all" in the "discussion" section in this group you can see more discussions, including eating 811 on a course .

<3

Shell

Thanks! :) 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Kris and Kevin are now friends
10 hours ago
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
yesterday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Lynae K. commented on victoria conde's blog post GOODBYE Tanglewood
yesterday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
yesterday
ednshell posted a video
Sunday
Profile IconSylvie Charron, Sarah Troyer, arinn m williams and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
Mindaugas BananaHoover replied to Mindaugas BananaHoover's discussion Project: 101 Arguments Why We Need Move to TROPICS. Yes No Lists in the group Costa Rica 80 10 10
Nov 4
Profile IconBlu and Mike Moffat joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 25
ednshell posted a video

Arthur Firstenberg - 5G, Birds, Bees, and Humanity

A Symposium regarding 5G, Birds, Bees, and Humanity was held on August 12, 2018 in Taos, New Mexico, USA. Arthur Firstenberg was one of the…
Oct 25
OrganicMark posted a status
"Fed Prints Hundreds Of Billions For Repo, Majority Of US Banks At Risk Of Failure In Next Downturn #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2MGiJjV"
Oct 24
Allison Frances and Jessica are now friends
Oct 23
OrganicMark posted a status
"As Liquidity Evaporates, Fed's Third Bill POMO Is 5.5 Oversubscribed, Most Yet #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2Jd6RDz"
Oct 23

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service