30 Bananas a Day!

Garden Prep (What I'm doing to prepare for spring gardening in DECEMBER)

~~~Original blog post @ here from Vegans Living Off the Land
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Friday, my partner and I had a surge of energy, so we cleaned up the yard, organized materials, burned recyclables for our garden so we could start prepping for Spring gardening. Technically, I will be gardening in February since I'll be starting Cabbage and Brussels indoors. In the first three pictures, you will see that I made seed starting trays out of and duck tape. 

I always suggest to people they should use free, recycled, re-purposed materials to create your own tools/supplies.

To make these trays, cut off the head/lid of the water bottle, line bottles in rows, then tape.

Remember to puncture holes in the bottoms of each water bottle for drainage.

The is full of leaves that I raked up around the yard.
Compost should be 1(nitrogen):3(carbon) ratio. Compost needs to contain 1 part food scraps to every 3 parts of wood-based materials (leaves, sticks, bark, ash, paper)
This past summer I grew tomatoes, peppers, and beans here. Next Spring, I will be growing Cabbage, Brussels, and Broccoli here.
In the making of our herb garden. We had logs around our house from a tree we had to cut down.
More free materials!

As I said, I want to create a HEART-SHAPED FLOWER BED. I want it to look something like this, but with the bricks I have found around the yard:

Photo Source: Romantic Garden

Burning brush and wood from around our yard helps add nitrogen to our soil, and it also helps us to expand the garden.

The garden, on my Mother's property, is currently 35 ft long and 13 ft wide. We're expanding the garden by another 30 ft for maximum yields!

Below I have posted a video from growingyourgreens.com, where "John goes on a field trip to Orange County Farm supply to share with you their hanging vertical garden made from an old . In addition, John shares with you how to deal with pests in your garden organically without the use of man made chemical poisons. In addition you will learn the most important aspect of a vegetable garden the soil and the best nutrients to add to supercharge your plant growth to grow bigger and tastier fruits and vegetables":

If the video doesn't play, go to "Build a Hanging Vertical Pallet Garden to Grow Food on Walls" @ growingyourgreens.com on YOUTUBE.

Original blog post below:

Garden Prep (What I'm doing to prepare for spring gardening in DECE...

Views: 65

Replies to This Discussion

Check out my UPDATED Gardening Calendar at my blog Vegans Living Off the Land. For a direct link to my post, go here: MY VEGAN GARDEN CALENDAR for 2013 (& Planting Dates for YOU)

To get you started on your garden, here is a blog post I done on the list of supplies needed for gardening/homesteading: What you need for homesteading (Full list of materials and supplies)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
15 hours ago
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
15 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Biggest Deception On The Whole World EndGame Plan

This will alter our lives and paradigm forever. I know this will shock and disturb most people listening. PERSONAL MESSAGE I WANT ALL MY DONOR BOX SUPPORTERS...
19 hours ago
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
19 hours ago
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Friday
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Friday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Friday
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Mar 16
Miles Brandon is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 16
Profile IconMichael Taube and lizzie joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 7
Rock replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Feb 29
"$5 Trillion Wiped Out From World Stocks Amid Fastest Collapse In History #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2vfwccz"
Feb 29

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service