30 Bananas a Day!

Hello! I am very new to HCRV (today is day 4) & was wondering if the calorie recommendations are the same for nursing mamas. Also, has anybody here successfully dropped baby weight while nursing?

Views: 282

Replies to This Discussion

There's a peer-reviewed study out there that says nursing mothers need to consume at least 2400-2600 calories daily in order to maintain milk supply.  When my baby was 6 weeks old, I went HCRV (was previously cooked vegan) and felt best eating 3000 calories per day.  I dropped weight pretty fast...went down to pre-pregnant weight when the munchkin was 4 months old (with occasional walking being the only exercise I did).

I also went HCRV while breastfeeding.  Before HCRV I aimed for 2500 calories a day, because it was recommended to eat 500 calories more than your daily caloric intake.  I lost weight, but it was a very slow process( exercised at least 4 days a week).  When switching to HCRV I lost weight without even trying(exercising once or twice a week).  My son is 7 months now and I feel great :-) keep it up and much success to you.

Very encouraging to hear!

I just started this month too :) I am breastfeeding and pregnant and have been eating around 3000cal. Some days have been a little under but if I have breakfast as soon as I get up I feel much better and can eat as much as 4000cal.

I'm on week two of HCRV and nursing my 15 month old son. I have lost two pounds already and everything's going well with supply.

Nursing is sometimes referred to as an athletic-like activity done by the body.  It requires a lot of energy.  As a very petite person I aim for at least 3000 calories a day.  I lost my baby weight easily with both babies without any strenuous exercise...just yoga, dance, etc.

I started HCRV this year while breastfeeding! I definitely feel that nursing mamas have to eat as if they are athletes even if they are not, and much more still if you are. It took about 5 months to get to pre birth weight for me, but now that I'm doing 1-2 hours of yoga most days and going to dance class when I can, I have dropped down to an even lower weight.

It's exciting that here are so many relatively new HCRV mamas here to talk to!! I don't actually know any where we live (Kansas). 

well I have never in my life counted calories... but I have been making more milk than before ! (making way more than needed) 
but I'm just gonna aim for 3000 :)

It's so encouraging to know that we can make the change to a HCRV lifestyle in spite of the nay sayers. I will be sure to follow this thread:-) congrats to all of you :-)
I'm a new mommy of a 1 month old baby boy, wanting to switch from regular diet to hcrv. I was vegan a while back but got sucked in to eating meat during pregnancy. Are there any risks to switching completly, and will it release toxins in my milk?

I guess it has never been examined, but maybe it depends on your former lifestyle and your weight.

On the other hand I wonder if the body isn't wise enough to let the milk stay "clean"...

Maybe someone knows some evidence?

What did you mums eat? Clearly 811 like Dr. Graham suggests? How many greens did you include? I tried to go raw, but my milk lessend quite fast (Baby was 2 months old then) :( That was so discouraging. I normally have plenty of milk and it came back when I switched back to cooked vegan. I'm a little bit afraid of going 811 now :/

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Declares National Emergency To Pay For Border Wall #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Gu5rVt"
yesterday
chris jones is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Houdini Steve Owens joined M ♦'s group
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Hanyi Zhang
Wednesday
Profile IconHanyi Zhang and Maëwa joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Feb 11
Reese posted a discussion
Feb 8
Olga posted a discussion
Feb 7
VeritasCurat is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 7
Peter Csere posted a video

Amazon Fruit Festival 2020

Be there or eat a pear! Ecuador. January 16-22, 2020. http://www.amazonfruitfestival.com AFF 2019 was a blast. Come to AFF 2020! Tickets on sale now, starting at $475 (prices go up April 1st.)
Feb 5
Manual Pedal posted a video

Surly Ogre Long Term Review

This is a review on my new #SurlyOgre after retiring my #SurlyLongHaulTrucker. I've had this bike for several months now. I updated it with all my parts from...
Feb 5
Profile IconHolly and Olga joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 5
Charlotte Pickering replied to Peter Csere's discussion Terra Frutis in Ecuador is looking for members!
Feb 5
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Feb 5
Forest left a comment for erica
Feb 3
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Feb 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service