Hello fruity people!
I am new to this way of eating and I am really relying on you kind, knowledge people to give me some confirmation that I'm doing it right!
The Facts :
• I am approx. 95lbs overweight. (current weight 235lbs)
• I have a loooong history of calorie restricting and fluctuating. So I feel a great need to heal my metabolism. I haven't eaten more than 1,000 in a day in a few years, until starting LFRV.
• I exercise 4-6 times per week. (i love to exercise, but I have a hereditary disease that affects my joints, so I need to take it easy sometimes!)
Ok, SO! I thought the best place to start would be to figure out the BMR for my GOAL weight (140lbs) including the exercise. Which would be 2,500.
My questions to you guys :
1. Is it safe to assume that were I eat to LFRV 2,500 a day, eventually, I'd naturally get down to 140lbs?
2. Do I need additional calories to allow my metabolism to heal properly?
Thank you SO MUCH in advance for your input. I really appreciate it!
I think if you made sure 2500 was your lowest point, so say you added things up and they reached 2468 - eat something more even if it takes things up to 2700. Don't make 2500 the maximum. I feel best up at 3000cal, though it's not always possible.. it feels great :) I think you'll do well.
Oh that is SO helpful! thank you, i was literally just logging in my food and it came to 2,563, so I was tweaking out 63 calories! Stupid... I will ADD but not subtract.
Search 30bad for a recent post called "The ultimate guide to fat loss". Also Adrienne D. has essential posts to read when it comes to recovery calories. Search her too. Starting with 2,500 sounds good but you may need more. It also sounds like it can take a few years for the weight to shift for good. I am trying to get my head around this at the moment. I KNOW this lifestyle is for me, I just need to quell my ego that says "but you HAVE to weigh blah blah by next summer". It helps to remember my ego has been saying that for about 20 years and I don't think I have ever weighed blah blah in that time!!Peace and purple plums:-)
LOL. Great reply! I'm going to check out Adrienne D. as well. I've embraced the whole "eating more for more weight loss" since this week. But I still don't really understand how it works.
Keep up the good fruit x