30 Bananas a Day!

For most of my life so far, I've struggled with minor compulsive eating issues... even though I'm eating more and more low fat raw vegan each day, I still have moments where I just lose control and binge on both raw AND cooked food.

For example, right now I'm literally laying on the floor as I write this. I'm super bloated because I had some wild rice (cooked, yes, I know..), and sprouted grain tortillas (also cooked), and some raw tabouli. Did I stop there? Nope. I had about 20 dates and almost two whole apples. Plus, right before this meal I gorged on dried fruit. 

Any advice? I feel like such a fatty and I really want to stop having these "binge days" but I just lose control. 

(By the way, I'm 5'1, 140 pounds, wishing to be 120 or below.)

Views: 656

Replies to This Discussion

That's good to hear.  I found I had to address the compulsive eating before I could stick to any diet, didn't matter what it was.  But the beautiful thing was that I found once I did address it, my whole life opened up in a beautiful way.  I realised that my whole life had revolved around food and weight obsession and that my relationships, career and everything was really suffering.  When I addressed it I was then able to follow 801010 (with periods of fully raw and very high raw) and more importantly, get on with my life. 
Best of luck on your journey.  :)

I just wanted to say that I struggle with the same thing--compulsive &/or emotional eating (they go hand in hand for me). Sometimes it's hard because the thoughts about food get so strong that if I don't eat I get stressed. A few things I know help are keeping foods that I definitely would not want to eat a lot of out of the house and staying stocked up on better alternatives, so even if I have a snack fest at midnight at least I'm eating good things (mangoes, dates, bananas, maybe even a little almond butter, etc). And when I do over eat, I'm gentle with myself. I know I'm not going to be perfect 100% of the time. In that moment I also try to think about how I feel and whether or not this is something I want to experience again.

To make it easier, a lot of my meals are smoothies (big ones, at least 32 ounces). I put greens in every meal b/c I'm a slow eater and can't handle a giant salad at the end of the day. I always keep at least 4 bananas with me at all times, maybe some dates too.

Good luck on your journey and I hope you find the path that brings peace to you and your relationship of food <3

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
12 minutes ago
pradtf left a comment for Tams
yesterday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service