hey guys plz i need help and its being annoying me for the past few months okay
i finish recovering from my eating disorder/anorexia in november, a during that time i was force to be pescetarianism until i was better so on november 10th 2014 i became vegan what i wanted to be for a long time but couldn't coz of my 2 years of that.
for the last 6 months i want to be a high car low fat vegan, but my parents and even my dietician would not alowed me and here are some of my parents reason
1. carb makes you fat
2.sugar makes you fat
3. all those other people that do that must be doing exercise 24/7
4. we by the food wait till you old enough to get your own place
5. it cost lot of money
6. you being brainwashed
7. do what your dietician say she's the expert she study in these for over 12 years
okay 1st, yeah i did gain weight coz i try it for a month before my parents made m stop. i do cardio 5 days a week and weight training 6 days a week, im already vegan why cant i be high carb low fat vegan. even my dietician would allow me to do that. im 16 150cm (short for my age haha-4.9 foot) 55 kg.
so my question is how can i get my parents and my dietician for letting me be a high carb low fat vegan thx you for your time
coming from a similar situation i know how difficult it can be to convince parents that this isn't a fad diet and this life style is really the most sustainable and healthy way to live. Its important to know that the system works.
1. common misconception that excess carbs get converted and stored as body fat. https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2009nl/mar/passionate.htm
linked is a great article written by Dr McDougall, author of the Starch Solution (read it if you haven't already). he explains the process of de novo lipogenesis.
2. sugar doesn't make you fat! fat makes you fat! sugar is carbohydrates in its simplest form. Carbohydrates are the bodies preferred energy source, you need them for you body to function at its full potential.
3. you say you are doing cardio 5 days a week and weights 6 days a week that practically is exercising 24/7 haha
4. move out? if they won't support you find a place of your own, its important to surround yourself with supportive likeminded people
5. living high carb doesn't have to be expensive, buy your fruit wholesale and in bulk try your local markets?
6. its important to know this life style works i and thousands of others on 30Bad are proof.
7. you shouldn't listen to anyone who's idea of heath involves eating meat or dairy.
hope this helps :)
thank you so much ill give this a go but i cant move out yet only 16 ahha