30 Bananas a Day!

Hi all, I'm pretty new to this group and have been giving LFRV my best shot. I am encountering many problems though and I'm wondering if others have been through the same thing when first starting out.

I have had chronic fatigue for a few years now and have suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life as well. I am finding that my fatigue is actually getting worse with this diet for some reason though! It's wonderful that I'm not tempted to stay up late and I'm having very restful sleeps - but I am SOOOO tired! I have a 2yr old daughter to look after and this is making my life harder right now! I no longer have the same enthusiasm I did when it comes to carrying out my day to day tasks (and I was already lacking in this department!)

I am also getting very sensitive teeth and muscle aches after every meal (like the lactic acid feeling you can get while exercising). I am really really keen to give this a shot as this diet makes complete sense to me and I wholeheartedly want to dive in 100%

I am also struggling because it is a very cold and wet winter over here in melbourne and while feeling all this discomfort I can't help but crave warm comforting foods. My fibromyalgia plays up more in the cold weather and I just feel so COLD and achy and like I have joints that need some serious oiling. My knees are particularly painful. It is also very difficult to find fruit that is in season over here other than apples and oranges (both of which increase the pain in my teeth).

Because I am so tired I am also finding the volume of food that I need to eat very challenging. Some days it is honestly too much to cut it all up and then chomp away at this ginormous salad. More often than not I am not meeting my appropriate caloric intake and then crave fats like avocado. I am aware that no overt fats at all would be ideal for someone in my situation, but I just can't seem to do that yet. I am breast feeding as well - so maybe this has something to do with it...?

Anyway, just thought I'd rant a bit as I have been truly struggling with this and it is getting me down right now. I want the same glowing level of health that I have read about so often on this forum and in the 80/10/10 book.

Help!
Melissa
:)

Views: 66

Replies to This Discussion

Hey,
I hope someone has been able to help before now since it's about a month after you've posted this. I struggle with CFS as well and it led me to 30bad.

Here are some ideas- don't keep overts around because you will end up going to them in moments of weakness. Each week only buy one avocado or a handful of nuts- whatever your staple overt is and once that's gone its gone, even if you binge on it that first day those were your overts for that week, no guilt trips either don't stress yourself on this diet because it will only exacerbate the CFS- make a mistake? It is what it is, now move on.

Buy a box of dates(fresh organic, talk to the company and make sure they are raw/organic), the best way to get calories is by blending your dates in water for datorade or with fruits for fruit smoothies- it's alot easier on our digestion and bodies- (I know what you mean about being so tired big volumes are challenging) so smoothies are your best friend. If you do well with bananas(I don't) then they are another staple food- easy to digest and great with smoothies. Remember to make sure they are ripe (brown and spotty).

Make sure to get 3000 calories- this is quite feasible with smoothies and doesn't exhaust your body. My body does not do well with hi calorie dense fruit such as bananas in bulk- I do really well with citrus and do alot of juicing. Fresh OJ juice, grapefruit juice, apple juice are some of my favorites. Make sure to sip these slowly it's not like juice you buy at the store so don't gulp it down or your body will go into overdrive trying to digest it all(not good) and make sure you do enough- around a liter of juice mono'd sipped slowly. This is lfrv but not 811 and I don't recommend only juicing, do smoothies, whole fruits, and salads when you crave them- it's all trial and error our bodies are using a majority of energy everyday to fight off chronic illness- it's about lessoning the amount of energy spent on digestion so it's able to be used in other areas- so we can become more active, don't expect to be running marathons in a matter of weeks either... but do expect to lead a normal life building stamina gradually and to feel like you're waking up out of foggy sleep, CFS.

I hope this helps- do what feels good to you- your body will let you know- one good thing about having CFS it lets you know in a heartbeat if somethings off kilter -knocks you flat on your ass !

Good luck!!!
cheers,
Jes
That's my gorgeous friend Ariana above! who, being true to herself, has helped me get onto this wonderful site and be guided to the LFVL way. I really feel for you Melissa. I know what that's like. How are things going since you posted this site?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
5 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
21 hours ago
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
22 hours ago
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
22 hours ago
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
22 hours ago
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday
"As Hong Kong ATMs Run Out Of Cash, Central Bank Steps In To Prevent "Panic Among The Public" #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35aHziW"
Oct 7
"Financial Crisis at PMC - India Leaves Thousands Crying For Their Money! Bank Runs Lead To Withdrawal Limits #truth http://j.mp/2oiRdPW"
Oct 7
"Economic Collapse News - The Fed Extends Repo Operations Through Nov, Retail Job Cuts 2019 #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35exba7"
Oct 7

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service