This group is meant to be the HCRV extension, if you will, of the Vegans of Color Facebook Group(s), as the Raw POC community is even smaller than the that of the Vegan--for the health of our communities, the animals and the planet this fact must change!! (The following description is adapted from the Cali Vegans of Color Facebook Page)
The purpose of this group is to provide a space for frugivores of color to make connections; share information; discuss the intersections of race, class, and community health; and to meet up at activist, outreach, raw, and other social events.
Who is this group for?
Fruity Vegans of Color: Asian, Black, Multiracial, Indian, Latina/Latino, Native American, Pakistani, Persian and others who identify as non-white.
Who are we?
- Vegan activists (Animal Rights, Food Justice, Animal Rights Intersectionality, Health & Fitness and Eco-sustainable Living).
- Vegans who want to connect with other vegans for activism and/or social events.
- Vegan Freethinkers who challenge the status quo.
- Vegans who recognize that life is a journey and we don’t have all the answers.
3) Feel free to post
- Vegan-related events, presentations, articles, blog posts, book reviews, videos and personal thoughts. We would especially like posts relating to the following:
* Animal Rights (including protest events, petitions & conferences, workshops)
* Food Justice (Food Politics, Urban and Rural Farming, Worker’s Rights, Corporate Deceptive Advertising)
* Animal Rights/Speciesism Intersectionality with other Social Justice issues (Classism, Racism, Sexism, Anti-LGBT, Corporate fascism)
* Animal Behavior (funny or informative videos and articles about our friends)
* Music, poetry and other artistic expressions (vegan related)
* Health & Fitness (Profiling vegans in the industry; articles and debates on vegan vs. non-vegan living)
* Environmental/Eco-Sustainable Living
4) We’re not just about activism and talking about fruit. Feel free to invite others to your parties, potlucks, hiking, bike riding, etc. LET’S MAKE CONNECTIONS!
Latest Activity: Sep 7, 2015
This group does not have any discussions yet.