30 Bananas a Day!

I have been on Lexapro for over 7 years, tried unsuccessfully to wean off several times.  My doctor emphatically states that I will be on it for the rest of my life.... I am determined as heck to prove him wrong.  Right now, I have weaned myself from 20 mg to only 2.5, and I am almost ready to go off altogether. 

Is there anyone else in my shoes?  Are you taking meds, weaning off, or have successfully remained med free for any period of time?  I would love to hear your story.

Views: 1446

Replies to This Discussion

I am on 100 mg of Zoloft.  My instinct tells me not to take it, but my phsychiatrist says I need it.  ?

I was diagnosed with Depression when I was about eight or nine. I am 18 now. I took meds for a few years and then weaned myself off of them because I gained a lot of weight from them. I was almost obese, only 13 years old, and miserable. By the time I was 16, I had only lost about half of the weight I had gained from the Zoloft. I became anorexic/bulimic and exercised for about five hours a day. I became vegetarian as a way to lose even more weight. A year and a half later, I became vegan and started eating right again. I was put on Prozac as well. Thankfully, I am not having anymore eating disorderr problems, but I am still dealing with the Depression. I want to become HCRV someday and I definitely do not want to be dependent on scientifically altered chemicals to be myself.

Hey KD

Thanks for sharing your story, are you completly of all meds now.

Your comment

"I would say, look to those around you who you love and trust to help you through this" is so very true, when you are going through something like you experienced, it shows up those who really care for you.

It is a shame the health system will subsidise dangerous drugs but to put money into subsidizing the cost for a good therapist is not an option.

It was my introduction to Mindfulness-integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy that gave me real tools to not have to submit to medication

Russell  

I am currently weaning off Luvox, very slowly. I first experienced depression as a child of about 7, and it's been with me ever since to varying degrees. I was diagnosed at 23. I have been on Luvox for 7 years now and am nervous about coming off them, though determined to push on through. I think with this lifestyle I can do it. I have only been HCRV for 2.5 months but am feeling capable of much more than previously. I also have a stock of 5-HTP, B12, Tyrosine, Saffron and Mucuna to take initially, and am growing St John's Wort. I am pretty sick of supplements but having worked in Natropathy I have alot of them still. The more I read about Natural Hygiene the more I see that these are just another drug that I want to be free of as soon as I can, but for now they are a safety net for me. I have come off anti-depressants in the past and crashed badly so am feeling some trepidation, however my life circumstances and health are much improved from then so I believe I can succeed. I will let you know how I go.

I am on Wellbutrin SR and have been for about 3 years now but before that I've been on pretty much all the meds there are. I find that tiering the dose up and down has made it work for so long as I tried to come off them totally but couldnt deal so went back on. I also can't sleep without taking either xanax or klonopin but am hoping that will change once I've been raw fooding for a while.

I am a couple of weeks off anti's now. Coming off them was hard, I had a week ok, then a few days very depressed, and on in a cycle. Once I identified the cycle it was easier to accept and ride out.

Now I am off them, I feel pretty good. I started taking 5-HTP once I was a week off the drugs. I am taking a bunch of supplements, actually, and hope to not have to forever but just so I can succeed in staying off the anti's. I am taking Tyrosine, Mucuna Dopa, Saffron, the 5-HTP, a B-12 spray, Niacin and also some chinese herb combo's that I find excellent, Dragon Herbs Lighten Up in the morning and Pearl Shen in the evening.

I exercise daily and find heavy weights in particular seems to give me a mood lift for the day, more than yoga or running, although I do these too.

I follow the 80/10/10 lifestyle (not just the diet) as closely as possible other than the supplements.

I feel like I can manage without the anti's though I do notice the difference.

So good to read you are off the drugs  warataraw I have  not had to come off of a depression medication as I just refused to get on it even though I told quite bluntly by practitioners that I had to and it was the only thing to do.

I spent a lot of time curled up in a ball in a dark room trying to make sense of things... the never ending arguments in my head and overwhelm of emotions.

I know now the involvement I have with sport, and my adherence to a plant based raw diet was part of my management program after I released the other coping mechanism of alcohol I was able to respond better and more effectively to the exercise and diet regime.

I have mentioned it before but the final tool in my trilogy story of a fruitful raw lifestyle was discovering the practice of Mindfulness. This is for me a glue that holds it all together mindfulness meditation, and the practice of loving kindness.

I have been a student of  Bruno Cayoun at the mindfulness insitute  http://www.mindfulness.net.au/ for me this has been a powerful and indispensible healing protocol.

All the best on your journey Russell 

Hi there, I have been battling depression for around a year now.I started my very first course of antidepressants around four months ago.I was initially feeling better but it seems that my body has adjusted to the medication and now I feel low again.My doctor wants me to increase my dose which is worrying me immensely.I don't wish to be on medication at all let alone increasing the dosage. I'm wondering where this will end up. I'm high fruit already but finding it hard to fight off such low moments .I'm wondering if I should go off the meds completely and try B 12 injections and also making sure I'm fully carbed up.Id love to hear from anyone regarding this issue.

I just stopped taking my anti depressants cold turkey. Never looked back. Birth control is messing me up now.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to Sebastian (venerable tree)'s discussion I'm surprised this website is still up and running. Who runs it now?
5 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
6 hours ago
Pasteldreamrosefruitgirl posted a discussion
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Q - We Are The Plan #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2pZpsZP"
Friday
Forest replied to Pasteldreamrosefruitgirl's discussion Clear parts on ripe bananas
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Is Right: The Fed Is Crazy And Here's 101 Reasons Why It Should Be Shut Down #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2CdZ3Pd"
Thursday
Pasteldreamrosefruitgirl posted discussions
Thursday
Pasteldreamrosefruitgirl replied to Pasteldreamrosefruitgirl's discussion Banana in this video:
Thursday
ednshell replied to Charlie's discussion Any Fruitarians in Greater Boston?
Thursday
ednshell replied to Sebastian (venerable tree)'s discussion I'm surprised this website is still up and running. Who runs it now?
Thursday
ednshell replied to Pasteldreamrosefruitgirl's discussion Banana in this video:
Thursday
Sebastian (venerable tree) posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Tuesday
Charlie posted a discussion
Oct 15
Charlie replied to Meghann's discussion One Year Vegan! (before/after photos)
Oct 15
Houdini Steve Owens replied to Dezi's discussion Send me your BANANAS!!
Oct 14

© 2018   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service