UPDATE: bananalysis is here!
coming soon to your own banana neighborhood!
here's your chance to learn the stats you slept through in school!!
there will be a course in statistical analysis offered right here with the expert guidance of veganmama (and anyone else who wants to pitch in) specifically geared to the interpretation of the china study data
.why should you do this course?
1. you played hooky
2. you are keen on understanding how studies are designed
3. you are wanting to know how to interpret data - how these numbers all come together to make sense
4. you want to understand the inner workings of the china study better
5. you want to convincingly refute the nay-sayers
6. you have always wanted to have some quantitative expertise, but thought you just couldn't do it
here you will be able to do all these things, because not only will things be explained, you will be able to ask questions and have people personally assist you. there are several mathematically skilled individuals in this group who will be happy to share their expertise.
the mechanisms for the course are presently being formulated - you are welcome to join the process.
details should be available by next week - so stay tuned!
here are some temp links to contemplate while we put things together.
R softwarehttp://www.r-project.org/getting started with R
simpleR pdf minicourse using R: cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Verzani-SimpleR.pdf
mcdonald intro coursehttp://udel.edu/~mcdonald/statintro.html
3 online courseshttp://onlinestatbook.com/http://davidmlane.com/hyperstat/http://oli.web.cmu.edu/openlearning/forstudents/freecourses/statistics