I was just working on my yoga studio business plan, and got to the point where I was thinking about how I want my business (and myself) to function in the community via yoga and a high-fruit diet. It's very important to me to build a profitable business which I can then channel the profits into a non-profit foundation that works to bring fresh fruit, gardens, and yoga into area that have none of these things.
Instead of worrying about who's fat or not, or any of the petty malarky that's been all the rage lately, how 'bout let's talk about something really positive for a change. Who would like to join me - and I'm going to make a group over in the groups section - in discussing and possibly developing and partnering on a non-profit project that would start to make a difference in the world???
Here are my ideas of what I'd want my foundation to do:
1. Community permaculture gardens
2. Fruit-tree planting foundation
3. Fruit-Man delivery trucks and pushcarts near schools, playgrounds and worksites delivering fresh, organic, juicy, tropical and local fruits and fruit smoothies, employing local workers (I love this one!!)
4. Mobile Yoga – bringing yoga into communities where a brick and mortar studio may not be viable, teaching yoga in Spanish and English, and teaching nutritional philosophies for heath and well-being to all ages
5. Community composting centers and pickup
6. Nutritional intervention and yoga intervention workshops in youth centers and detention centers.
7. Fruit for the Homeless - providing a high-fruit diet of foraged/cast-off fruit from markets for homeless people and educating them on getting off drugs, alcohol and begging and living a vital "homeless" life like DR!!
8. Create community food co-ops
any other ideas? how can we make these visions a reality? how can we focus all this crazy 811 energy into ACTIONS instead of into animosities?
get off our tookuses, luvvies!