30 Bananas a Day!

Hey. I am looking for an 811 buddy to start asap. I think i will start anyway, but it would help if I knew I am starting with someone, and could keep in contact for some extra motivation (phone/email/skype). Anyone up for it? :)))

My plan is to keep 100% vegan until the end of October, which is not completely new to me, but doing it 100% is something I havent done for very long.

I am planning to go high carb vegan and just get used to that in November. I would like to ditch all processed food, so anything that comes in a tin, powders, etc are a no-no. I would only allow myself to use dried seasonings, frozen fruits/veggies and steamed veggies other than the lots of fresh and some dried fruits.

Once I am comfortable with this, in December I would like to go for 99% LFRV. The most unhealthy things i would be ok to eat would be dried and frozen fruits/veggies, dried herbs as seasonings and bottled juices if I do not have any other options.

I would like to eat predominantly organic food, but I can only do my best (money/availability)

What do you think about this, anyone would like to join? I would love to keep in regular contact, so I guess we could all post on here, or if ppl are in the same country, we could even keep in contact on phone, that would be amazing. I find that there are "emergencies" at the first couple of weeks, when it can make a real difference if u can give a quick call to someone just when those thoughts come if u get me... What are your thoughts on that? :)

Here is a little bit about myself and my 811 journey so far. I first heard about 811 in  December last year and been playing with the thought of going lfrv since then. Since January I have cut down on meat and actually became a vegetarian (let alone a couple of occasions at the beginning). I was living in London at that time and I just found it difficult not to get distracted, I kept trying and failing on trying to go onto a fruit based diet, the BEST I could do was 3 days in a row, but mostly just half a day each time.

Because of this (and a couple other reasons) I decided to move to my cousin's in June, so... change of job, big moving and all. We started the LFRV lifestyle together, however even tho she was visibly loosing weight day by day, she gave up after 2 weeks, she doesnt want to do it any more. This kind of halted my drive if that makes sense. I carried on for an other 2 weeks (that 4 weeks was one of the best experiences of my life btw!!!), then it became LFCV then went on a holiday and I only managed to keep myself to vegetarianism :(

However, now I am back to the UK and I am hoping that this time I will make it to 80/10/10 for the long term finally. I know it works, I notice the difference and I realize that the closer I get to it the better I feel, simple as!

This time I dont want to jump into it one day to the other, I always failed that way. Want to give this a go and ease in to it gradually.

Who wants to join then and how should we keep in contact? If a few of us get together, we could even create pairs as well as keep contact with the group here, I would find that really helpful. What are your thoughts, suggestions? :)

What is your personal experience with 811 so far? What is your motivation, and your greatest challenge on the lifestyle? Are you taking up any sports? What is it? :):)

Views: 310

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Katy, I have recently started the 811 diet, been on it for about 2 mos. I wld. like to keep in contact with someone too, but maybe you're looking for someone with more experience on the diet? I have read the 811 book and the China Study & have listened to a lot of Dr. Graham & Dr. McDougall on youtube. It all makes so much sense! So far, things have been going okay, I've had a few interesting detox symptoms, issues with bloating, but overall I'm feeling really good! I'm in the USA. Let me know if u wanna buddy up!

Hi Katy and Paula, I have been on and off with this lifestyle and I'm looking for some buddies. I had day one yesterday. I am desperate to be healthier. Love to hear from you both.
Casandra:-D

hi Katy, I would love to be your 811 buddy. I am looking to start as soon as possible as well. :)

Hi :)

Sounds good, do u have any experience doing 811 from be4? What is your diet like at the moment? :)

Dear Paula, Casandra and Dylann,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I have expanded on what I wrote about the forum, please have a look and tell me what you think, esp on the pairing up bit and how we should keep in contact bit, so that everyone gets support. I have to rush now, but spk to u guys later x

As u read above, my main focus for this month is to stay vegan, which is not really a challenge any more, indeed, I dont feel like eating any meat or animal product whatsoever. Yesterday I seen a very motivating documentary, but just be4 that I agreed with my partner to go for a vegan meal out. I seen the documentary, was ready to go LFRV from that minute as such. Then he came home very enthusiastic about the restaurant, I just couldnt say no, as I did promise it, owww, u c, thats y I need support xD

Greetings Katy, I am new to the 811 lifestyle but I have been wanting to Raw for a while now. I would love to buddy up with you on this. I am on a budget but I"m willing to do whatever it takes to succeed on this. Thank you for this opportunity because I know I can't do this with out any support.

Hi Kiki,

Thats great, I cant wait to start. I am thinking of going lfcv from 1st Nov, and raw vegan from 1st Dec, what u say?

Hi ladies,

Well it looks like we have a nice group going! I am super happy to have you all as friends so we can all support each other on this new adventure. Thanks for sharing your story Katy. As for me, my motivation was that I watched a documentary called Earthlings. It is a very, very disturbing documentary about how humans treat animals. Plus, I had been researching regarding eating a better diet, and I came across Dr. Graham, Dr. McDougall, Dr. Essylstein (sp?) and Dr. Campbell. Then I read the book 80/10/10, and I was hooked. My personal experience after two months is that I'm buying food a lot more! I used to go shopping for food a few times a month; now I go a few times a week! I live in northern Minnesota, and I'm a little concerned about the variety/price of fruits & veggies in my area of the world. It seems like there are so many more choices in tropical areas! My greatest challenge, to be honest, is getting enough calories. According to the cronometer, I'm supposed to be taking in 1,700 a day to maintain my weight, but I usually only get 1,100 to 1,300. It's been hard for me to eat all of this food. I did read somewhere that it takes a while for the stomach to stretch in order to accommodate all the food you need to eat on this diet. The only exercise I do right now is walking & some pilates, but I'm going to join a gym so I can get in better shape. Well that's about all about me, thanks for the friendship!
Hi ladies,

Well it looks like we have a nice group going! I am super happy to have you all as friends so we can all support each other on this new adventure. Thanks for sharing your story Katy. As for me, my motivation was that I watched a documentary called Earthlings. It is a very, very disturbing documentary about how humans treat animals. Plus, I had been researching regarding eating a better diet, and I came across Dr. Graham, Dr. McDougall, Dr. Essylstein (sp?) and Dr. Campbell. Then I read the book 80/10/10, and I was hooked. My personal experience after two months is that I'm buying food a lot more! I used to go shopping for food a few times a month; now I go a few times a week! I live in northern Minnesota, and I'm a little concerned about the variety/price of fruits & veggies in my area of the world. It seems like there are so many more choices in tropical areas! My greatest challenge, to be honest, is getting enough calories. According to the cronometer, I'm supposed to be taking in 1,700 a day to maintain my weight, but I usually only get 1,100 to 1,300. It's been hard for me to eat all of this food. I did read somewhere that it takes a while for the stomach to stretch in order to accommodate all the food you need to eat on this diet. The only exercise I do right now is walking & some pilates, but I'm going to join a gym so I can get in better shape. Well that's about all about me, thanks for the friendship!
Hi Cassandra, would love to be your buddy on here! I think we could form a nice little group here to lend support to each other. Best of luck! I am a newbie too!

Hi Paula,

I heard it, too, how important it is to get enough calories in. What my experience was when I managed to eat 811 for a month and while I was eating lfcv that when i managed to get my calories in, the weight was melting off, but when for a few days for some reason i didnt manage to eat quite as much, it would just stick to me, wouldnt loose a kilo on those days, tho I kept myself to my exercise routine the same. I found this limit at 2000kcal for me. My BMR is about 1700.

When are u joining the gym? I find cycling/jogging to work really effective and saves money, too, lol. What sports are u thinking of taking up? :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump knocks Mueller out of the ring #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UCShJb"
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Sunday
Laticia Gibson is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"You’re Not Dying – It’s the Schumann Resonance! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2HuGyZu"
Mar 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Mar 11
Milos Stepita posted a discussion
Mar 10
"Q - The Plan To Save The World REMASTERED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2TjAGtr"
Mar 7
Profile IconPedro Ceron and Jacob Young joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 4
Mar 4
RawVeganGamer posted a discussion
Mar 3
Avi commented on TheBananaGirl's page THE RAW TILL 4 DIET EBOOK
Mar 1
Profile IconAvi and Joyce joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 28
"WHY? Massive Blasts Hitting Earth Continually w/ Dani Arnold-McKenny #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2To6VHf"
Feb 27
Feb 26
Profile IconTara nuru and Jami joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 25

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service