30 Bananas a Day!

Last month I read my first book on raw foods. I tried incorporating raw foods as much as possible before Christmas. I allowed myself to eat a traditional Christmas meal but since then I have been following the 811 diet and instead if losing weight like so many other people I have actually gained weight. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how long did it take to start losing the weight? Right now I can barely fit into my suits. Also I have a half marathon next month and the weight is slowing me down. I did buy Freelea e book and I know she mentioned weight gain but did not mention how long it takes to start losing weight. I am on week three now and would appreciate any comments.

Views: 310

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the reply. I eat half of my meals as smoothies, like the dateorade and the other half as monomeals, like grapes or oranges. But I will definitely try to incorporate more smoothies. I do eat dates so maybe I need to up my water intake. I drink about 3 liters a day and run almost everyday 6 to 9 miles. As you can imagine this is frustrating for me since I am active and eating mostly fruits. My vegetables when I have them are spinach, or cucumber or carrots. One day I made pasta out of zucchini noodles. Either way I will try it for my 30 days and see where I am at then. Thanks again.
Everyone thank you for replying. It definetely helps to hear from others who are going thru the same weight issue. Yesterday I felt so depressed and was feeling tired of denying myself foods I loved. And its hard when others notice your weight gain. I'm gonna try and wait out my 30 days but if my weight doesn't change and if I still feel sad then ill have to reconsider this lifestyle.

Hi Tafferella + all 2012 HCRV! I'm so glad to join this group! 2012 is going to be awesome. I can't wait to wear a sexy bikini this summer!

So far I've been losing weight on 811, but I've eaten a couple cooked meals out at restaurants and my weight spikes way up the next day after my slip-up, then gradually melts back down over the next few days. Net weight loss of about 3 lbs so far. And that's with my "cheating." I can't wait to cut that out and be HCRV 100%!

Have you been counting your calories at all? There's a section in the 811 book about calorie counting, where Dr. Doug explains that there are huge differences in our individual calorie needs and how to determine your individual needs. 

I've been wondering if the initial weight gain some experience has anything to do with that. For me, because I'm tall and sort of heavy right now, my baseline sedentary cals is already pretty high (about 2200 cals) so adding any exercise on top of that and I push my need up to 3000 cals pretty quickly. I haven't quite gotten myself to consuming 3000 cals a day yet... Maybe that's why I'm seeing weight loss?

I have noticed anecdotally that the days that I consume more dates, I lose less weight. I seem to shed the most weight when I have large amounts of citrus. Oh, and when I force myself to eat my nightly salad instead of having another banana smoothie- the next morning I see a big weight loss. 

I'm in the same boat, with weight gain, but my problem is despite eating all this fruit I'm constipated and bloating up like a pregnant women, any suggestions as to why or more what I can do to relieve this issue ???
I agree with the water fruits, I eat watermelon for breakfast but still not helping ??

Are you drinking enough water?

Hey i started 17th of november and i´ve gained fat or so it seems, only a few lbs on the scales though i dont really weigh in that much..im still waiting for my drop in fat to be very lean ... i just belive =) 

i've gained 13 lbs so far and have been living this lifestyle for 6 months. I wrote a discussion about it in the 2012 HCRV forum, so hopefully you get some more information there. I don't know what my body will do, but I trust this process with all of my heart.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump knocks Mueller out of the ring #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UCShJb"
19 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
23 hours ago
Laticia Gibson is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
"You’re Not Dying – It’s the Schumann Resonance! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2HuGyZu"
Mar 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Mar 11
Milos Stepita posted a discussion
Mar 10
"Q - The Plan To Save The World REMASTERED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2TjAGtr"
Mar 7
Profile IconPedro Ceron and Jacob Young joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 4
Mar 4
RawVeganGamer posted a discussion
Mar 3
Avi commented on TheBananaGirl's page THE RAW TILL 4 DIET EBOOK
Mar 1
Profile IconAvi and Joyce joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 28
"WHY? Massive Blasts Hitting Earth Continually w/ Dani Arnold-McKenny #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2To6VHf"
Feb 27
Feb 26
Profile IconTara nuru and Jami joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 25

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service