30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone, 

I was just wandering what everyone has for Xmas dinner?  Do you make anything different or stick to the fruit?

Do you find it difficult being around your family and friends eating at xmas? 

I really want to make it through a raw xmas, but I am worried of being weak. My plan so far is to make sure I don't go hungry AT ALL ,to even think about eating anything cooked.

I would love to hear how you guys managed your 1st year?? 

Any ideas appreciated!! 

Views: 447

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your reply Stacey. 

I have never had persimmons and durian - and don't know what they are :S

Raw pastas are always a good one. I think i will go with that too. THanks :)

I had durian once in Thailand and was SO bummed I didn't care too much for it (I'll have to try it again; maybe my tastebuds have changed since), but let me tell you - persimmons. are. HEAVEN.  I'm going with Sheepmobile's idea of buying my favorite seasonal fruits, and persimmons are at the top of my list!  Fuyu are my favorites, and I highly recommend them.  Just leave them stem-side down on your counter until they soften to a water balloon-like consistency.  I'm telling you: HEAVEN.

I indulged in exotic fruits in Thailand

Thankfully, I am going to be in Costa Rica for the holidays!! Last year I brought a big festive salad with mixed greens, fennel, pomegranate, persimmons, green onions, cilantro, and a tahini orange dressing. Also a persimmon pie. Both were loved by all. I have established a reputation for only eating the "rabbit" food I bring. No grief though, sometimes someone has to make a snide remark, but I know it is coming from their own insecurity. I try and keep it light and comfortable, especially during the holidays. 

Have a happy one, and don't focus on the food too much! :) 

Originally I wanted to make a new thread but I may as well just bump this one instead! lol

I have no idea what to do for xmas so I wanted to ask you guys :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
20 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 21
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service