30 Bananas a Day!

World reknowned cardiologist shatters human omnivore myth in one sentence

William C. Roberts MD has five decades of experience in the field of cardiology, written over 1300 scientific publications, a dozen cardiology textbooks, and has been editor in chief of the American Journal of Cardiology for a quarter of a century. He is arguably the most highly regarded cardiologist in the world today.

In his 2008 editorial "The Cause of Atherosclerosis", published in the peer reviewed journal Nutrition in Clinical Practice, Roberts states that there is a single, sole cause to heart disease: cholesterol. If your total cholesterol is below 150 and LDL is below 70, you are essentially heart attack proof. What is the cause of high cholesterol? Saturated fat and animal products:

Atherosclerosis is easily produced in nonhuman
herbivores (eg, rabbits, monkeys) by feeding them
a high cholesterol (eg, egg yolks) or high saturated
fat (eg, animal fat) diet And atherosclerosis was not produced in a
minority of rats fed these diets, it was produced in
100% of the animals! Indeed, atherosclerosis is one
of the easiest diseases to produce experimentally,
but the experimental animal must be an herbivore.
It is not possible to produce atherosclerosis in a
carnivore
…"

He elaborates in an earlier editorial:

It is virtually impossible, for example, to produce atherosclerosis in a dog even when 100 grams of cholesterol and 120 grams of butter fat are added to its meat ration. (This amount of cholesterol
is approximately 200 times the average amount that human beings in the USA
eat each day!).
(The American Journal of Cardiology, 1990, vol. 66,896.)

He then utterly annihilates the human omnivore myth in a single sentence. here it is:

***Because humans get atherosclerosis, and atherosclerosis
is a disease only of herbivores, humans also must be
herbivores.***

At once the insanity of our times comes into razor sharp relief.

Some may debate whether cholesterol is the sole cause of heart disease. It does not matter, the fact remains that atherosclerosis occurs only in herbivores.

If humans were physiological omnivores, heart disease would not exist, let alone be America's #1 killer for over a hundred years.

It may not be the least bit hyperbolic to say that the existence of heart disease in humans is proof that we, as a species, are vegans.

In any case, a low fat vegan diet has been proven again and again to be the cure for heart disease. A mountain of clinical evidence supports this.

According to Roberts, those who are utterly immune to heart disease without the use of statin drugs are pure vegetarian fruit eaters. His own exact words. fruit eaters.

So in addition to never losing an argument with a meat eater ever again, we can rest assured that according to America's top cardiologist, our diet of choice here at 30BaD ain't so crazy at all compared what the myriad of people pretending to be meat eaters are doing.

Views: 13189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some clarification please: Atherosclerosis is easily produced in nonhuman
herbivores. [...] It is not possible to produce atherosclerosis in a
carnivore. 

But meat-eating proponents do not argue that humans are carnivores, but rather that they are omnivores. SO, does anybody know if or if not atherosclerosis can be produced in omnivores? 

Don't get me wrong, i know about the clinical evidence, and am totally convinced that we are meant to be vegans. But since the argument that only true herbivores can develop atherosclerosis, but neither carnivores NOR (and that is the crucial point) omnivores can, is so fantastic, i want to fully understand it, and i am anticipating what could come up from an opponent in a veg/non-veg discussion.

Thanks.

Ah, just saw you posted the link to the fulltext in the meantime. Gonna check it for my question myself, thanks!

Vegans at increased risk of developing blood clots and atherosclerosis

People who follow a vegan lifestyle - strict vegetarians who try to eat no meat or animal products of any kind - may increase their risk of developing blood clots and atherosclerosis or "hardening of the arteries," which are conditions that can lead to heart attacks and stroke. That's the conclusion of a review of dozens of articles published on the biochemistry of vegetarianism during the past 30 years. The article appears in ACS' bi-weekly Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.

Duo Li notes in the review that meat eaters are known for having a significantly higher combination of cardiovascular risk factors than vegetarians. Lower-risk vegans, however, may not be immune. Their diets tend to be lacking several key nutrients - including iron, zinc, vitamin B12, and omega-3 fatty acids. While a balanced vegetarian diet can provide enough protein, this isn't always the case when it comes to fat and fatty acids. As a result, vegans tend to have elevated blood levels of homocysteine and decreased levels of HDL, the "good" form of cholesterol. Both are risk factors for heart disease.

It concludes that there is a strong scientific basis for vegetarians and vegans to increase their dietary omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12 to help contend with those risks. Good sources of omega-3s include salmon and other oily fish, walnuts and certain other nuts. Good sources of vitamin B12 include seafood, eggs, and fortified milk. Dietary supplements also can supply these nutrients.

Source: American Chemical Society

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20110407/Vegans-at-increased-risk-...

:)))) How ca they write such articles?! I don't think this is wrong interpreted research but people actually lie!

Just to be honest, what about those people who have lost fat and improved their cardiovascular health markers while following low-carbohydrate, high-animal flesh diets like Atkins, paleolithic, or the primal blueprint?  What about all those people that formerly followed vegan diets like 811 or McDougall Diet and have r....  What about those studies that show saturated fats are actually necessary and are not bad for the body at all?  What about those studies that show that meat and products from grass-fed animals do not cause the same health problems as conventi...?  What about the studies that show that cholesterol is a symptom of inflammation, and that this inflammatio...?  What about those studies that show how meat actually contains many different amino acids like taruine, car...?

Were those people right all along?  They seem to be living evidence, and have a huge database supporting their claims.

Are you a troll? If you eat many fruit, not even 100% raw, during enough time you will understand how only our disability of tasting meat by itself proves almost anything about this diet. For macdougall diet it is less direct.

Why are you wasting your time?

My apologies if I have rushed in my answer, it seems I misunderstood your questions, Sebastian.

Anyway, the word troll seems to have negative connotations by itself. I thought it was only a description.

I am new and there are many members on this forum, I don't know all of them.

I have had a discussion about similar points with a boy in a cetogenic diet based on animal products (saturated fat) and maybe it could be some difference between a high saturated fat and a high insaturated fat (from animal sources or from vegan sources) in the short term, but obviously not in the medium or long term.

Anyway, the sweet tooth is more and more the ultimate argument, the more holistic one, for me.

wonderful

Wow!

What a great post!

Thank you so much for sharing...

All the best, Peter

then you might find this group of interest:

30bad internet guerilla outreach

welcome to 30bad!

in friendship,

prad

Interesting! Just to add to this, here's a link from the National Institutes of Health-- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/ 

Are human beings herbivores, carnivores, or omnivores?

Although most of us conduct our lives as omnivores, in that we eat flesh as well as vegetables and fruits, human beings have characteristics of herbivores, not carnivores (2). The appendages of carnivores are claws; those of herbivores are hands or hooves. The teeth of carnivores are sharp; those of herbivores are mainly flat (for grinding). The intestinal tract of carnivores is short (3 times body length); that of herbivores, long (12 times body length). Body cooling of carnivores is done by panting; herbivores, by sweating. Carnivores drink fluids by lapping; herbivores, by sipping. Carnivores produce their own vitamin C, whereas herbivores obtain it from their diet. Thus, humans have characteristics of herbivores, not carnivores.

greetings amanda! welcome to 30bad!

here is dr mills' assessment:

The Comparative Anatomy of Eating

also in abbreviated chart form.

in friendship,

prad

Wow, that's awesome info, does an animal have to have multiple stomachs like a cow to be classed as a herbivore, and aren't humans more frugivores?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid Lockdowns Killing 29 Times More People Than Covid? - with Dr. Ron Paul #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2BGeQJ4"
yesterday
luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
Sunday
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
Sunday
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
Friday
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Jul 1
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10
ednshell posted a video

Lies, Coverups, Google, Censorship, and the Whistleblower of the Year: Zach Vorhies (Part 1)

Charlene interviews the Whistleblower of the year, Zach Vorhies! Zach has done what few others have dared to do, tell the truth about Google and Big Tech and...
Jun 10
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service