30 Bananas a Day!

Winter fruit blues starting early this year. Help with Banana ideas please?

Hi guys,

I'm already missing mangoes and unfortunately really don't care for dates much. In the US that leaves bananas in the winter for a staple. I'd love to hear some ideas on tastier ways to get those bananas down!

Please share your favorite bananas recipes/ideas here. I need could use some inspiration.

Thanks so much!

Audrey

Views: 821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting...

do u like persimmons? they are the best part about this time of year

Wow guys.. these are some great ideas. Thanks so much.

I do like persimmons and am just starting to see them. They help. I never tried blending then with bananas but I will.

I got spoiled by the delicious papayas in Hawaii and since then don't like the big, tasteless varieties I only seem to be encountering.

Thanks so much everyone!

good news! i can help you because i used to hate dates too. (and i still do)

i like dates now because of how i prepare them.

here's my date milk recipe:

get 10-15 dates and soak them in a cup of water for 30+ minutes

(soaking makes them more easily blendable)

then put them in your blender, add another cup of water

then blend on high until completely blended

your finished product will leave you with a smooth date milk

add this date milk to your regular smoothies.

by adding date milk to your smoothies your increasing your calories and therefore clean energy source!

i like to add bananas and frozen strawberries.

hope this helped!

Oh my.. I"ve tried datorade several times (experimenting with different consistencies) and have never been able to get it down. It's too chalky and sickeningly sweet to me.

i noticed chestnuts are in season for you and they are  - 91% carbs + 3% protein + only 6% fats

Chesnuts? wow.. can they be eaten raw? I used to see them being sold all the time in the street in the Internation District in Seattle in the winter time and they smelled really good but I never thought they might be able to be eater raw.

absolutely you can & in smoothies too.

My favorite right now:

2 bananas

3 dates

2 small oranges 

1 large apple

YUMMY.....you should be able to get all the ingredients.

banana pear date smoothie

Dehydrated bananas sprinkled with cinnamon.

Blended bananas dehydrated on parchment paper to make wraps.

Green smoothies.

Yes, chestnuts can be eaten raw. They're very good too. You can use them to make a veggie pâté when blended as well.

Wow, did not know that about chestnuts!  Just saw a video about how to peel them using liquid nitrogen.  You drop them in for just a second and pull them out almost immediately.  It freezes the exterior so that just a tap with a flat edge shatters the shell and skin, leaving you with a perfectly peeled and clean nut.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Windlord's 2 photos were featured
7 minutes ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
4 hours ago
ednshell commented on Ben Trovato's video
5 hours ago
Akira is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
5 hours ago
Rock commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
yesterday
Rock replied to Reese's discussion Can you still have detox symptoms eating 50% raw and 50% sad
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion The Gender Knot, veganism, and liberalism.
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Acupuncture and chiropractic on animals is pseudo-science animal cruelty.
yesterday
Rock replied to Silvery's discussion What are good techniques in not letting the bananas over ripe?
yesterday
Charlie joined gmb's group
Friday
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
Thursday
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
Wednesday
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Still Mind
Tuesday
Houdini Steve Owens replied to Ciara's discussion My English for your Spanish in the group International Penfriends and Language Exchange
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service