30 Bananas a Day!

honey was the last animal product i gave up. i always was cool with it cos i thought it was ethical and the bee's got a house to chill, live and work in. but then i spent time on my mates organic farm. its australia's largest certified organic farm in terms of fruit tree diversity.

to harvest the honey we had to smoke the bee's and wear a protective suit otherwise they will sting your bum! i remember weeding near their hive once and forgot they were there and then a small swarm just hit me on the head and i hit max heart rate running away from them! lol! anyways, back to why i stopped consuming bee products. i saw so many legs in the honey. dead bee's and i wondered what we would feed them instead as they only produce as much food as they need. we fed em sugar water. but it was organic sugar...lol!

the bees didnt want to give up the honey. they fought with their life unless we smoked em silly and they were to toxed out to fight back.
they need sufficient amounts of honey to produce healthy immune systems, fuel and young.
they do the hard work and work HARDER than any animal on earth and i was stealing their food simply cos i wasnt eating enough sweet fruit calories.
honey always made my teeth feel sore. i thought it was the fruit but when i gave up honey, my teeth were cool again.
honey has no fiber and it would whack out my blood sugar something chronic. again, i thought it was the fruit, but when i gave up honey, stable blood sugar again.
honey is full of toxic pollen from toxic flowers. its full of digestive enzymes from the bee's digestive system and these enzymes are very acid forming to the human body. i got that from dr gabriel cousins.

honey works for glycogen replenishment for sure, but sweet fruits work better. better for us and better for our pollenator friends that produce most of the food that we eat today.

CCD aka colony collapse disorder is happening worldwide. bee's are dying and there is 'no reason' for it. its a mystery the researchers say..mmmm i wonder what is happening..bee's get fed sugar water...compromised immune systems....genetic mutations....failure to thrive syndrome.... :)

everyone loves sweet. EVERYONE!! sweet fruit is mothers natures creation and if we eat enough, sweet fruit ensures satiation!! :)

Lastly, here is some facts about honey that dont make it that sweet for your health..

Views: 15127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mostly GMO's are killing them, I think, but this is good.  Its the last animal product I'm giving up as well! <3  Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts!

Pesticides are killing them, not GMO. There are some GMO plants that produce high amounts of pesticide, but of the hundreds of modifications being used, resistance to Roundup (the grocery store GMO) and the pesticide one (kills bees, other beneficial insects, and often causes health problems in people).
Insects are not animals, they are insects, just like fungus are not plants, and slime and mold are also a Kingdom of their own. I have no point to make other than educating you, just as if you called a tuna a mammal, or a dolphin a fish.

Insects are animals, in the animal kingdom.

Scientific classificatione
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Arthropoda
Clade: Pancrustacea
Subphylum: Hexapoda
(unranked): Ectognatha
Class: Insecta

Insects are not animals, they are insects, just like fungus are not plants, and slime and mold are also a Kingdom of their own. I have no point to make other than educating you, just as if you called a tuna a mammal, or a dolphin a fish.

rock, you need to take a closer look at taxonomy and markvegan has provided you with the correct classifications for proper education. you seem to be confusing kingdom with class.

you may also want to take a good look at markvegan's excellent post on rights of insects here:

http://www.30bananasaday.com/xn/detail/2684079:Comment:2854779

insects are animals by taxonomy. here's further explanation:

The animal kingdom is divided in a number of groups called "phyla" (singular: phylum). Examples of phyla are:

• Protozoa (single-celled animals)
  • Porifera (sponges)
  • Nemathelminthes (roundworms)
  • Mollusca (mollusks, snails, etc.)
  • Arthropoda (crayfish, millipedes, centipedes, spiders and insects)
  • Chordata, (fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals)

Each phylum is subdivided in classes, for example the class Hexapoda (= insects). Classes are subdivided into orders, for example the order Coleoptera (= beetles). Orders are divided into families, families into genera (singular: genus), and genera are divided into species (See Table 1). Within the class Hexapoda there are over 750,000 different species of insects.

http://www.bijlmakers.com/entomology/classification/Insect_classifi...

in friendship,

prad

prad nice post! good to see you are still writing for the cause ;)

Wow, definitely some good information. Thanks Harley!

I stand corrected, did too limited reading on subject. Have read more, and expanded my knowlege. Insects "animals".

I stand corrected, did too limited reading on subject. Have read more, and expanded my knowlege. Insects "animals".

that's great rock!

taxonomy is an interesting and even evolving topic (for instance, the whole clades perspective). pretty neat stuff! i've enjoyed talking with robert (the humane hominid on 30bad) about all this in the past. robert's our resident paleontologist. :)

in friendship,

prad

thanks for the info!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
6 hours ago
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
6 hours ago
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
Friday
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 4 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/35Q1zYN"
May 12
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 1-3 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WJLXlv"
May 12
Lazy food left a comment for Valisa Monyei
May 6
Lazy food left a comment for Joe Heinrich
May 6

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service