30 Bananas a Day!

honey was the last animal product i gave up. i always was cool with it cos i thought it was ethical and the bee's got a house to chill, live and work in. but then i spent time on my mates organic farm. its australia's largest certified organic farm in terms of fruit tree diversity.

to harvest the honey we had to smoke the bee's and wear a protective suit otherwise they will sting your bum! i remember weeding near their hive once and forgot they were there and then a small swarm just hit me on the head and i hit max heart rate running away from them! lol! anyways, back to why i stopped consuming bee products. i saw so many legs in the honey. dead bee's and i wondered what we would feed them instead as they only produce as much food as they need. we fed em sugar water. but it was organic sugar...lol!

the bees didnt want to give up the honey. they fought with their life unless we smoked em silly and they were to toxed out to fight back.
they need sufficient amounts of honey to produce healthy immune systems, fuel and young.
they do the hard work and work HARDER than any animal on earth and i was stealing their food simply cos i wasnt eating enough sweet fruit calories.
honey always made my teeth feel sore. i thought it was the fruit but when i gave up honey, my teeth were cool again.
honey has no fiber and it would whack out my blood sugar something chronic. again, i thought it was the fruit, but when i gave up honey, stable blood sugar again.
honey is full of toxic pollen from toxic flowers. its full of digestive enzymes from the bee's digestive system and these enzymes are very acid forming to the human body. i got that from dr gabriel cousins.

honey works for glycogen replenishment for sure, but sweet fruits work better. better for us and better for our pollenator friends that produce most of the food that we eat today.

CCD aka colony collapse disorder is happening worldwide. bee's are dying and there is 'no reason' for it. its a mystery the researchers say..mmmm i wonder what is happening..bee's get fed sugar water...compromised immune systems....genetic mutations....failure to thrive syndrome.... :)

everyone loves sweet. EVERYONE!! sweet fruit is mothers natures creation and if we eat enough, sweet fruit ensures satiation!! :)

Lastly, here is some facts about honey that dont make it that sweet for your health..

Views: 15069

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my family the oldies grew up eating Yearot Davash Palestinian date honey which is distinctively different to bee's honey. It's popular among some ethnic groups in certain parts of the Jewish or "Muslim world". It's not honey as we know it from the hive. I need the recipe urgently! It's actually a substance with a honey like texture which exudes from certain fruits growing in those regions and they leave it in the sun for a bit. I know the the old school Jewish members of my family *did not* eat "hive honey" before their respective conversions to Islam. After that they ate Asal -e-Ajwah (Medinan date honey) because to this day they maintain bees produce more than they need. I heard this when I was 15 and am 23 now and still trying to find out what their assumption is based on. Having said that they refuse to eat store brought honey unless it's from a hive they can keep an eye on. Honey-date or otherwise-is an integral part of the Islamic and Judaic diet and I'm caught between giving it up.  An integral part of religious practices aside we're actively taught it is extremely important for the palate because of its healing properties. Letting go of those beliefs is rather tough for me as this substance more than any is laden with both nostalgia and religious conviction. I'm finding this particular thing extremely challenging. :( :( :(

The last thing I give up was pollen.

Every time I eat it I feel my sexual energy more out of control, so I realize that something wasn´t ok, and as well as Maca I feel hot in my mouth and peeing.

Gui :)

thanks so much for posting that!! awesome info that i will more than likely share.  no bee vomit for me :)
I think to say that honey is a bee vomit is a disrespect to bees and their hard work.

I think to say that honey is a bee vomit is a disrespect to bees and their hard work.

andrius, there really wasn't the slightest disrespect towards bees in jennelle's post.

besides, i don't think any bee would deny that honey is a product of their regurgitation. :D

it is nothing offensive to them, because it is food for their young - they didn't regurgitate for humans.

the real disrespect is shown by those humans who exploit and/or support the exploitation of these beings and their hard work for their own purposes and pocketbooks.

in friendship,

prad

This is a really good post, I never realized many of these facts.  I have 2 honey jars, never really eat it, since I am fairly still new in this lifestyle I bought prior to committing, based on Doctor recommendations for my daughter.  The honey says Raw and unprocessed. Anyhow good post.

Hey guys, I'm new here and not sure whether my post will get moderated for being slightly off the guidelines, but I'll give it a try. 

My boyfriend looks after bees himself, in his backyard and claims he wouldn't eat anything he didn't take out of a hive personally, with his own two hands, often with no protective clothes at all. And if someone's too chicken to try, then they shouldn't consume the byproduct. Now that's a good perspective to start with. 

But I would add more to that. I'd say smoking the poor animals dizzy and stealing from them is not the way to go. However I believe there is an alternative. I believe that all animals on earth are meant to be friends with humans and, if they've known you your whole life and gotten to like you, they might start treating you like one of their own. Like a monkey giving you its own bananas if it decided you deserve it. Like we've all heard of Mougli and other babies nursed by wolves... Not so much a myth or made-up kiddy story! It's happened and it could. 

So it's possible in some distant point in the future, bees to start getting treated as pets and to actually get to *like* their owner. If that be the case, then they might gladly share (some - not all!). As for now, for the majority of us... Not gonna happen. 

That's the real reason IMHO that we shouldn't consume honey/bee polen. Let's not diss its qualities just because it's off limits. Rather we should be proud we'd give up even something good for us because, under these cirsumstances, it's just not ethical.

Not sure if you read DR's post but honey and bee pollen is not good for you.

honey always made my teeth feel sore. i thought it was the fruit but when i gave up honey, my teeth were cool again.
honey has no fiber and it would whack out my blood sugar something chronic. again, i thought it was the fruit, but when i gave up honey, stable blood sugar again.
honey is full of toxic pollen from toxic flowers. its full of digestive enzymes from the bee's digestive system and these enzymes are very acid forming to the human body.

Ya 30BaD is 100% vegan which is good for us and the planet and the animals, not giving up anything good for us, it's a winfintity situation, all harmonious.

Providing homes for bees is a good thing though.

Spot on Shell. 

A few facts on how bee's are treated...

- To prevent the queen bee from leaving the hive, honey producers sometimes cut off her wings.

- Often, queen bees are artificially inseminated.

- Large commercial operations often take all the honey instead of leaving enough for the bees to get through the winter. The honey is than replaced with a cheap sugar substitute.

- Most beekeepers remove all the spring-season honey.

- In colder areas, some bee keepers will burn the beehives, killing all the bees inside, before the winter starts to reduce cost.

- Bees are often killed or harmed by haphazard handling.

Interesting, are there any bees that are good to keep for pollinating?

Love it! :) 

Thanks so much for this info.  I have done a lot of reading on mosquitoes in order to stop the mass pesticide spraying we have here in the U.S. and I never knew they were pollinators!  I even gave a talk to a group of native plant lovers, trying to recruit them to my cause.  I talked about how many important pollinators were being killed by the sprays, like moths and bees and bats, not realizing mosquitoes pollinate too, of course no one told me after my talk, I wonder if they knew.  A few people were supportive of what I was doing but no one joined me.  This is the quote they have on their club page:

"Biological diversity is the key to the maintenance of the world as we know it."
~ E.O. Wilson, Biodiversity

We are natural fruit tree planters, anything else we do is usually destructive.

This is lovely! :D

greetings linzi!

can you provide a link to what your husband found regarding "honey destroys the healthy bacteria in your colon".

also, please thank your husband for this info on his blog:

They are great for pollinating commercial crops (though their value is probably grossly overstated), but they have little place in conservation and little room in my garden.

the overstatement part is largely carried out by the industry which doesn't seem to want to let this bit of info out:

Commercial honey production and commercial pollination are not the same ... "Beekeepers may brag about the importance of honeybees in the necessary transfer of pollen, but many are not involved in the practical aspects of the service," according to Justin Schmidt and Stephen Buchmann. bees pollinate only about 15% of things (not 80% as the untruth goes)

(why honey is not vegan)

also, you and your husband may be interested in these items (particularly if you like star trek tng):

the measure of a bee

measure of a bee continued

which address the ethics.

in friendship,

prad

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service