30 Bananas a Day!

Hi @ all

i found this community by looking up things in the internet of how i can change my diet to abetter healthier style.
I have to say that i have now some health problems and that is the most reason why i do this.
And so it comes that i found the blog of freelee on youtube and she was telling why she started the diet and i found wow
that is exactly what i want to do, i wanna help my body to heal on its on and suport it.

So to the point of discussion :

i would like to know from yoou why you chose this diet AND (would be very nice becuase it would really really help me ) How you managed the change what where the frist steps and were they hard ? and i hope they were worth :)
thank you
hope there will be a big dicussion on this topic :)

yours todayisforever

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love how you point out that you didn't know you had CFS or were dehydrated until you practiced raw eating and 80/10/10. : ) That's exactly how it is
How did you find Freelee on youtube?
hi Java Plum Rose

I found freelee by looking and searching through the net about diets different once as i come over the vegtitarian and vegan once, i also come over posted vids on youtube and after some time i found freelee and what she was telling brought me to the think that i may should have a deeper look and as i can read here there are alot of other ppl which chose this way out of their health pb.
That helps me alot on my way to this diet.
Thank you to all how reply
The path to 811 can be very challenging because many people have setbacks but it is beyond worth it. If you fall down on your journey, just remember to get back up again and talk to us if you need help. Everyone on this forum is fantastic and they're great at supporting people in any aspect that they can.

I'm raw because it's the healthiest way for me to eat and it calms my anxieties about eating. It also helps my body feel like it's at its best because everything is functioning properly. I have chronic rhinitis, an eating disorder, and a low anti-body count, which is what led me to this lifestyle. When I stay raw for a stretch, I feel amazing. When I mess up in a moment of weakness, not so much. Every time I get back on it, though, I instantly feel better, happier, and healthier.

Best of luck!
I first tried raw in 1997 after being vegan for a few years. I saw Viktoras Kulvinskas on pubic access & he seemed crazy & cool. I bought his book Survival into the Twenty First Century which is equally as original as he is. I wanted to feel good & have energy. It was very hard at first, It was first difficult physically, which was fixed by getting enough calories. Then it was quite hard emotionally & I struggled, but I fell in love with the diet & I kept coming back & back. Learning something new about myself each time. I went years on high fat raw, feeling good at first then horrible - wondering what was wrong with me. Then I found Douglas Graham 811 (when done right) it's the best! Now eating 811 is like good friend to me, that I can count on & I find it easy & natural to eat this way. After so long now, I am not worried about "messing up" or socializing or all the things that got me down before. Messing up is such a big part of the learning process (granted it's not fun) & yes, all the trial & error has been worth it for me. I have more energy now than I did when I was young.
Our family went raw in 1999, when I read in one sitting, the Nature's First Law, the Raw Food Diet... and since I was in charge of the food, only salad and fruits were on the table from there on. In 3-4 months my 12 year old girl kicked her asthma, my 7 year old boy stopped having ear infections every 3 months, and I keep feeling and looking younger each day, and year ever since.
I practice yoga with young people, less than half my age, and my practice shows my diet so well... where the young people act like over 80 year olds...sad, but true. Of course not all, but too many not to notice the difference in our diets. They fall over when I tell them to quit eating meat/dairy/grains/salt/sugar.... and yet I prove it to them, it can be done.
Now, as others pointed out, the temptations around us can be hard to handle, and I too fell off the wagon many, many times for a few days, then realizing the obvious mistake, I get back to raw, and feel fine very soon after.

There are health food advisors telling that this yo-yo ing is more dangerous, damaging to our cells, than staying on a more in between diet... see: Fred Bisci, or Matt Monarch. I have to disagree. As long as I allow myself the transitional gluten free pasta, I will never break from the cooked demon. So I have been yo-yoing for a number of years now, gaining a few extra lbs of weight, losing it, and yet I would still go for all 100% raw, low fat and vegan, instead of going on a transitional diet of low fat cooked vegan. That is too boring for me.
I feel so close to being stable and addiction free, I can almost smell it (the mangoes that is!).

Welcome to 30BAD - it's a fun place to spend time and get tons, and tons of interesting information.
well i didnt choose it, it chose me. i ignored it for a couple years, then something clicked and now i cant ever look back. i changed to cooked vegan because i couldnt bare the animal cruelty, then i had gone to health and fitness week, for the second time, and realized i could have SO much more. and i wanted everything for myself. so i started the 811 diet following the camp, although it didnt happen as fast as i thought it would, i ended up making a transition, over the course of a month and a half. i do have cravings, and it was hard at first, but now i just make sure im always full or have something with me. or a good friend who will help you find fruit :).

i do feel a lot of changes, i have been developing muscle better, sleeping better, i can see better, i feel SO much better, i more enthusiastic about my days, i feel a lot better about myself, my acne has been vanishing, my skin feel softer, i can hear better, i can think clearer, i remember things better, im more organized (for some reason), and this list could go on. honestly.
Vanity :-). I just wanted to look younger and impress others with my athletic prowess :-).

Ok, seriously, those were things that did get my attention when i read about them, but it was more the big picture that attracted me. After all, the above are only symptoms of a healthier lifestyle. They mean I will live a longer and happier life, and be able to be very active in my old age, and that is very important to me. I love physical challenges, and trekking and mountaineering, and there are so many treks to do yet, so many mountains to climb, I will need another 40 active years to do it all!

I tried it out of curiosity. In the first two weeks I still had cooked dinners three times a week because I had an arrangement where someone else was cooking for me. And during those two weeks the difference between cooked and raw was so stunningly obvious, so much more drastic than I ever expected, that I cancelled that arrangement and never looked back.

I have experienced all the benefits that others already mentioned and more. There is no way I'd ever go back to cooked food.
Too much to do in life still!

Oh, and I've never been gourmet or high fat or any kitchen work intensive form of raw. 811 from day one.
I touched on raw in 1994 with David Wolfe's book, knowledge of T. C. Fry, but Ann Wigmore and a class through Whole Foods on sprouting made a big impression. I was convinced I had found the truth with Max Gerson's A Cure For Cancer: The Results of 50 Cases. I was quasi-macrobiotic from '91 to 2001 and felt like crap. I don't know how I did it.

With an open sky ahead of me on 9/11/09, I returned to my Gerson Program and through surfing online found Matt Monarch. A dedicated youtuber, I found Doug Graham through Arnold of Arnold's way and got the book, 80 10 10. Thank you Arnold.

I love the fruit. Haven't worried about greens in a while, although I still enjoy them once in a while. I still need to work my exercise plan of a 45 minute walk every M, W, F. I work night shift and am hoping the exercise will give me the strength to overcome the occasional coffees with agave syrup habit that I picked up over the last 2 - 3 weeks. I have lost 18 pounds and will lose more if its right for me to lose it. I'm hoping the family-inherited (???) hypothyroidism will correct itself, but maybe a water fast in Costa Rica with Doug Graham will correct it.

I know I'm in this for life. I'll eat cooked food socially even meat if I'm hungry for it and I will enjoy it. The Bible says at Proverbs 15:17, "Better is a dish of vegetables where there is love than a manger-fed bull and hatred along with it." or in my case, better is a dish of cooked food where there is love than a banana where there is stress and loneliness.

I also ascribe to Genesis 9:3,4 "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU. 4 Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat. ", believing that if God gave me permission to eat it and I am truly hungry for it, it is okay for me to have some.

But I also realize that man was originally created and placed in a garden. Genesis 1:29 is sited often regarding this: "29 And God went on to say: “Here I have given to YOU all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To YOU let it serve as food. 30 And to every wild beast of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it came to be so."

One can derive from verse 30 that even the animals were vegetarian. But after the flood, the anmials were not vegetarian, but we have the hope found at Isaiah 11:6, "6 And the wolf will actually reside for a while with the male lamb, and with the kid the leopard itself will lie down, and the calf and the maned young lion and the well-fed animal all together; and a mere little boy will be leader over them. "

Thank you Doug Graham. Thank you 30 Bananas A Day.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
4 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Are Vacuum Blenders Worth It?! With John Kohler

Diving deep into the subject of Vacuum Blenders with the man the myth the legend John Kohler. We go into what are vacuum blenders, what are the advantages an...
16 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Did Google Assassinate Wife Of Whistleblower Who Exposed The Search Engine? #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2TIghNE"
18 hours ago
"The Fed Is Stuck In QE Hell #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/30MnEoQ"
Tuesday
Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
Saturday
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Michael Lanfield posted a video
Saturday
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
Friday
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Jan 17
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
Jan 17
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Jan 16
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service