30 Bananas a Day!

I can not see any logical reason why one would believe in a god as there is no evidence for an actual god existing.  That's why I wonder why so many people believe in a god.

So why do you believe in a god? :)

Views: 8084

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Preaching is pushing your views onto someone, wheres the paradox in that ? Preaching agnosticism is a paradox but not atheism.

Because true atheism is about not being concerned with holy entities. If you are not concerned with something, why would you preach about it not being concerned?

Just to clarify an Atheists point of view here, I believe the bulk of us are not faithless and depressed with nothing to live for. We believe in things that religious people refuse to open their minds to, just as much as they claim we don't open our minds to their beliefs. Though, they fail to see that most of us once had our minds open to their beliefs. Most of us are taught some form of religion. In that, some of us question the borderline between lie & truth, fact & fantasy, reality & myth. It is a more difficult, more satisfying and more rewarding path to seek your own answers, than to accept that which you are told to believe without question.

My faith is in the Universe around me.

The Universe that I see before me is, to me, more wonderful than any single thing could ever be. More wonderful than any single 'God' could ever be. More vast & complex than any single mind could possibly design.

I know there is no afterlife. I know what is going to happen to me when I die and knowing enables me to be at peace with that.

I am at peace within myself. I am at peace with the Universe around me.

The Universe is full of life, and I can feel it everywhere. I feel life around me in the trees, in the ground, in the sky, in the stars, in the water. I feel life enter my body with every breath I take.

I take in and become one with the Universe around me every time I step outside and take a breath of fresh air. Such is the sprituality, such is the open-ness of an Atheist.

I believe in something that most people's minds can never fathom, something much greater than your 'God'.

"The Universe is full of life, and I can feel it everywhere. I feel life around me in the trees, in the ground, in the sky, in the stars, in the water. I feel life enter my body with every breath I take.

I take in and become one with the Universe around me every time I step outside and take a breath of fresh air. Such is the sprituality, such is the open-ness of an Atheist."

Even an "Atheist" believes in something which could be labeled as god. Or chose another label if you like. 

Because it's essentially the same thing, doesn't matter what label you put on it or what specific features you adscribe to it.
Building bridges between those who call it God and those who call it something else and deny others the right to label it God by saying "there is no god"
Just my guess

Evolution is irrelevant as to whether god exists or not. If evolution is correct then evolution is the result of god. God is not a bigger better person god is consciousness and consciousness is all there is. The world we see is a result/creation of consciousness and otherwise does not exist.

Many people who do not like the bigger better person thing chose to be an Atheist.

Consciousness is god and we are consciousness. There is nothing else, we are it, "we are one".

Nobody has said that real objectivity was an easy skill to learn. And even in science one must cultivate the abilitie to be really objective. But that doesn´t mean that there aren't phenomenon on other level apart from registered by our five common senses and machines.

This post really intrigues me, because I actually can describe what God mean to me by your words...
For me, God is in every single part of the Universe around me.
The Universe that I see before me is, to me, more wonderful than any single thing could ever be. Its magnificence is perfection, so wonderful that we could never understand, how exist things we can't even imagine. More vast & complex than any single mind could possibly design.
I believe in life after dead. I know what is going to happen to me when I die and knowing enables me to be at peace with that, every momento of my life.
I am at peace within myself. I am at peace with the Universe around me.
The Universe is full of life, and I'll be part of it some day, and I can feel it everywhere.
I feel Him around me in the trees, in the ground, in the sky, in the stars, in the water. I feel His presence, entering my body with every breath I take.
I take in and I become one with all energy in the Universe around me, every time I step outside and take a breath of fresh air, His magic and perfect gifts becomes one with all energy I am, even when I do not realize, He is around me in the wind, in the air, in people eyes.
Such is the spirituality, such is the happines of being surrounded by God, everything is perfection.
...I believe in something that most people's minds can never fathom, something so great that no one will ever prove is not real...because God is greater than that, greater than anything.

Thank you for such nice words! :)

Its cool to believe not to believe. Believe in atheism or God its fine really. Also we have seen history with crazy God believers do the worst crimes in name of God. We have also seen in last century crazy atheisists like Stalin and Mao....be a light to your self and find your truth......it could be something beyond belief

On this note,

I question the belief that humans are god, when they create atrocities in this world. 

And wonder why people blame God or the 'being that exists somewhere' for the atrocities (when humans are perpetuating them), meanwhile labeling us (humans) as gods. 

hmh..

We are born without memory into a delusional society, therefore we become delusional and some of us commit atrocities.

Coming here was like mission impossible and we accepted.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
7 hours ago
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service