30 Bananas a Day!

I can not see any logical reason why one would believe in a god as there is no evidence for an actual god existing.  That's why I wonder why so many people believe in a god.

So why do you believe in a god? :)

Views: 8084

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

If I look in the mirror I see a perfect design. A perfect design calls for a perfect Designer. 

When I eat fruit, I taste the best food on the planet. Made by Someone Superb. 

Perfect Fuel for a Perfect human Design calls for a perfect Designer.

I can not see any logical reason why anyone would not believe in God, and think that this is merely by chance. 

I have more faith in believing there is a God than not believing, to me whichever way you believe, God or no God - takes faith.

Couldn't agree with you more!! 

Believing our bodies, fruit, mountains, rivers, everything around us came out of nowhere is 100 times harder than to believe in God as our Creator just because we don't see him. However, I understand why so many people choose to believe there is no God (others have other reasons), but based on experience talking to people in my area, is because they see how horrible the world is, full of injustice and they ask themselves, "if there is a God why? why all the suffering?" the answer is in the Bible but because they already chose not to believe, they also reject the Bible, and that's very sad because all the answers are found there and knowing them gives meaning to our existence. This article ( http://www.watchtower.org/e/200611/article_02.htm ) is so helpful answering the question, why does God permit suffering? and has related topics: God will end all suffering, when? how? What would you like to ask God? 

I share this information not to create discussion at all, I share it because I have to, is like sharing 811 lifestyle because you know is the way to eat and if the person follows it he/she will feel dramatic changes. Sharing about God is more than that, not only the person could feel incredible changes right now in life but the person gets the opportunity of everlasting life, with huge delicious amounts of fruit!!! :)  

Yeah but there is more than one book about God, plenty other than the Bible.  It's more of an opinion that it's the right one for you.  I don't see the comparision.

+1

who used the word 'nowhere' ?  or other allness words like everlasting

nobody knows and to allow my people , the Frankish barbarians, our crusades and perversions of different scriptures set your worldview i say could lead to war /conflict and harm humanities chances to thrive here and now.

You are right, I was mainly thinking of the group of people who believe an explosion caused our existence, and I used the term vaguely. But let me rephrase it, "Believing our bodies...everything around us got to exist without God as the Creator." 

Personally, I am very confused on this topic. I think that there is too much scientific evidence of the ways of the world, such as evolution. However, thinking that these endless planets and stars and galaxies just came into being is a hard concept... perhaps a God created it all, and science took it from there?

But if God created the universe, what created God? And what created the creator of God? And so on...

I definitely think there's something special about Earth, though, since it's the only known planet with such a variety of life (they found ice and bacteria on Mars though!)

That poses another question: What do you think of extraterrestrial life?

There are lots of holes in evolution.  So much so that imo it's really not scientific evidence.  It's a theory.. and yet they teach it in schools.  A theory, .. not a proven theory.  It's a shame, imo.

And still a missing 'link' between human and ape..

All that is metaphysical is theory. You cannot prove the holy ghost, there for it remains thought/theory/conviction. 

If God is the almighty creator, he is also the creator of evolution - that way evolution and religion can walk hand in hand. 

I think this "discussion" is super pointless... Still, I keep reading people throw around these somewhat arrogant comments, claiming to know a lot more than they do, and at the same time blaming religious people for being sentimental fanatics with no grounding in logic, reason and science.

"All that is metaphysical is theory. You cannot prove the holy ghost, there for it remains thought/theory/conviction. "

That means it hasn't been proven to YOU. How do you it hasn't been proven to ME?

What constitutes proof? And why would metaphysical reality be subject to the same kinds of epistemology as physical reality?

Do you believe in the south pole? Have you ever been there? How do you KNOW it's really there?

...blaming religious people for being sentimental fanatics with no grounding in logic, reason and science.

The real problem to me is when religion becomes more than a lifestyle, and theists try to convince evolutionists that they are wasting their time. If we're so curious about how we got here, are we to just believe in old stories, or is it better to go dig in the ground to see what the past left for us? Have a Christian explain the dinosaurs to you - it's entertaining. Yes, yes, I know I keep bringing up the Christians and the Bible all the time, but SURPRISE! It's the dominating religion where I have lived all my life - in the western world.

Besides, if you bother to read all the comments you'll notice that I don't personally believe God can be either proven nor disproven, yet I agree with other commentators to this blog, that it should be the responsibility of the missionary to prove the existence of God, not the responsibility of the heathen to explain why they do not believe.

That means it hasn't been proven to YOU. How do you it hasn't been proven to ME?

If it has been proven to you, enlighten us please! However, be aware that if you cannot explain it simply, so that we can all follow and agree, I doubt you have completely understood it yourself, and it will remain debatable.

What constitutes proof? And why would metaphysical reality be subject to the same kinds of epistemology as physical reality?

Metaphysique includes thought, intention and speech, doesn't it? Besides, for atheists, it isn't a matter of disproving deities, it is a matter of living life convinced there are none. Just like theists are convinced there is at least one.

Proof often comes in the form of evidence - physical evidence. It is the most convincing form to most people. If evidence isn't important, do you expect murder cases to be solved by faith and hunches alone?

Do you believe in the south pole? Have you ever been there? How do you KNOW it's really there?

I believe firmly in the Antarctica because I have been to the North Pole, where no penguins exist. Also, I know a few people who have been to Antarctica. There used to be a glorious time when certain cruise lines would go there, but because cruise ships generally pollute too much, there is very limited access for them.

it is the "theory" of darwinism and neodarwinism what has holes, evolution is a fact (living forms mutate into other living forms).

There really isn't a theory of evolution, many data but we lack a formal theory to be able of explain it globally.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
15 hours ago
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service