30 Bananas a Day!

I was discussing with my mum today why Christians have all the love and kindness morals yet they casually go to the supermarket and buy their daily doses of meat? I find this very mind boggling, as surely they don't believe slaughter houses are an act of love and kindness...

I was also talking with my friend at school who is a Christian and a meat lover and was sharing my new knowledge of veganism. She was like "I couldn't imagine not eating meat... I need my meat... Where do you get your protein?..." I was like "...but as your a Christian surely it's wrong to kill..." And she was like "animals are there for us to eat..."

I know that humans can 'survive' eating meat, and if you're starving and meat is the only thing then it would keep you alive. But, when there is fresh fruit on a tree or bush sitting their so juicy and delicious there seems no moral point killing those poor innocent animals.

This was so frustrating so thought I would ask you all your thoughts. Thanks.

Views: 4226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also, I just sort of always believed that God would want us to love, protect and take care of his creatures, instead of murder and enslave them.

Agreed. There is plenty in the Bible to show that God cares about animals. I don't want to get into the issue of sacrifices, but people like to use that in the argument of meat eating vs. not eating meat. One thing to consider is that a sacrifice wouldn't be a sacrifice unless it was important. It would be something that would hurt you to give up. You wouldn't sacrifice your garbage or personal items you didn't care much about anyway. If you look at the Aztecs, they sacrificed important things --- like people. Point is, these animals were of value, not just something to throw away for no reason like so much of the world's population does with animals now. Animals are not appreciated now the way they were in biblical times and people just don't seem to get that. We live in an age of pure gluttony, and not many people seem to notice.

I think they believe that since Jesus blessed/shared the bread and fish, etc, Jesus sort of approved eating animals.

Lots of people choose to see this as a stamp of approval on their own chicken-pork-beef-centric diets. It makes it easy to turn a blind eye to the horrors they are financing by buying animal products. But can these people take an honest look at the meat, dairy, egg and fishing industries and believe Jesus would condone what we do? Could they watch "Earthlings" and imagine Jesus in every scene, approving of what is happening? I don't think so.

Also, you can't compare eating meat now to eating meat in biblical times. The sorts of awful conditions modern people have created didn't exist then. According to the Bible, people were given permission to eat animals, but I don't know of any part of the Bible that says we have permission to be gluttonous, to torture billions of animals every year, to kill so many of them in the oceans that we kill off entire species, to pollute the environment with animal guts and blood or to eat so much flesh that it harms our own bodies. If you are trying to survive and need to eat animals, that's one thing. But we are fortunate in that we don't have to now, and I just don't see how we can justify mass killing of animals for no reason. 

100% agreed! You word everything amazingly! Good point about the sacrificing; I never would've thought about it like that!

And yes, I got into an argument with a Christian that used the bread and fish excuse. I didn't even know what to say, because I feel that if I tell everyone the truth about the factory farming and animal abuse that they'll think it's just nonsense that I made up. It's so sad; how blind people are of all the animals' suffering. It upsets me that we can't all just live in peace and love one another..

In story of Eden, Adam and Eve told they have dominion over all the earth and all creatures in it, though it would seem they are originally vegan.  I wish I could run around nude in a tropical paradise eating fruit all day! :D

After flood, Noah is told the same and now he can eat animals, only he should not consume their blood, letting it drain out on to the ground. Genesis 9:1-5

From there on, nothing in the canonical 66 books dictates servants of YWHW need to abstain from eating animals.

I am not personally a Christian myself, though I was raised as one.

cuz they is in the meatrixXx :)

pst i think i did that.  being born of the fakers , and the remakers ,  gave over , welcome to the next level

we can only unplug and plug into what we do want ! the matrix isn't a bad thing; it just relies on our collective agreement as a planet. more conscious thought towards a better world, in fact, creates one.

Wow i was going to post about this but didnt want to bring up the drama associated with it.

Gen 2:16"And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction." 
So man was Fruitarian in the begining.

Gen 3:17,18 "cursed is the ground on your account. In pain you will eat its produce all the days of your life. 18 And thorns and thistles it will grow for you, and you must eat the vegetation of the field.

So Vegetables after everything got screwed up

And that brings this Gen 9:3,4 "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU. 4 Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat"

So there you go,after the flood animals and veg."most christians dont really follow the bible either" so you cant really lump it all into one category. But anyway here is proof that man was made to be a frugivor and thats why we thrive on this diet.

That being said i will not argue with anyone on here,we all have free will to decide what we believe,just putting out the facts of what the bible really says

I'm christian and vegan :)

I just don't believe that you have to be Christian or be affiliated with any other religion to have kindness, morals and love.  It doesn't make any sense to me.  There are Christian vegans as well as non-Christian sad-eaters.    Live and let live.. right?

The whole thing with non-veganism to me is that

- we don't need meat - 

so why kill?

Genesis 1:26 goes something like "Then God said, 'Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.'"

When I discuss veganism to avid Christians, they counter my argument with that--that "God" gave us permission to have control over all of the animals, and so we may eat them as we please. It's ridiculous really. 

Don't get me wrong, I respect all religions, but I think many of them are twisted and corrupted in modern society. The more respect and regard I have for our true god--mother nature--the more atheist I become. 

Science and nature and ethics are my "religion". 

Yes, I've been countered with that argument as well. However, they misinterpret the term "dominion" or in your case, "rule over" as eat, kill, and enslave, instead of what it really means: love, protect, and care for. God never wanted us to murder each other, he just told us to look out for his other creatures since he made us more intelligent.

Oh, and people always use that as an excuse as well. That we are more intelligent and have the right to eat them.

I'm the smartest in my class. Do you see me gobbling up my classmates for dinner every night? ;p

Excellent Laura! Exactly! :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
8 hours ago
Rock posted a discussion
17 hours ago
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23
ednshell posted a video

Are Vacuum Blenders Worth It?! With John Kohler

Diving deep into the subject of Vacuum Blenders with the man the myth the legend John Kohler. We go into what are vacuum blenders, what are the advantages an...
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service