30 Bananas a Day!

This is going off what I've found. If you live in the UK and find great bananas then please let me know where you got them, as I would love them.

I live in the South and I used to get all my fruit some a small green grocers. They once let me have a box of spotty bananas for a third of a price because no one was buying them. They were great, never had any problem with their bananas.. But then they closed down, couldn't compete with the massive supermarket down the road.

Anyway, any time I buy a banana from any of the supermarkets or market stalls down in the South of the UK they are all horrible.. You can eat them when they are still yellow but as soon as you get a single spot on them, then they turn to total mush.

I used to use bananas as a base in smoothies before I knew about this website, all was good. Then I couldn't get the ones I used to use and now any amount of bananas from supermarkets down here give me horrible stomach ache..

Is there an alternative out there? 

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry :(

Where do your bananas come from?

I live in Houston, TX USA and I get all kinds of fruit from USA, Mexico, and Central America at insane prices I'm not even sure if there is somewhere better than here for buying fruit when you take into consideration the cost of a minimum wage job vs fruit quality...

I think the most of UK bananas come from South America / South Africa but I'll have to check. 

Portsmouth area.

There are no vegan shops / health food shops in the area (bar one and it's not good.. Mostly raw chocolate bars and stuff you can get cheaper elsewhere). 

When I say mush, I mean as soon as you peel them, they fall apart and "splat", only the skin is giving them any solidity. They smell kinda' off and taste like wet cardboard. Eating a few of these means I end up on the toilet with stomach pain for an hour or two..

I'm not making stuff up or trolling, seriously.. Just wondering how everyone else seems to get great fruit and down here we get horrible fruit. 

Also, almost forgot. 

I've read that in the UK a lot of Supermarket bananas are stored in colder conditions for transport which messes up their ripening progression.. So sometimes they are ripe before you would expect them to be and sometimes they don't ripen properly at all.

My local GG gets mine from spitfields organic £17 a box normally ramamay bay from columbia or costa rican ones but I had some mexican organic ones and they tasted chalky not sweet at all, before i started tapping up my GG I used to buy sainsburys so organic and they were good very consistant

We don't have Green Grocers any more. They got chased out by Tesco and the local council. 

I'd ask the produce manager to order you every variety and brand of nan available until you find one that suits you.  They have many more options that just what they put out for the every day public.

Have you tried organic ones? They taste better.

Have you really tried bananas from every supermarket? I get mine from tesco and they're alright to me. The small funsize ones/fairtrade ones are especially tasty (they're a sweet species from Africa I think).

We have a Lidle (wouldn't go in there, they do weird things to their food), Farmfoods (which is a joke, it's all frozen meat and ready meals), Tesco (doesn't sell organic bananas) and Waitrose (Where I usually shop).

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
17 hours ago
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
yesterday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
yesterday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service