30 Bananas a Day!

Hi guys! I'm 16 years old, and I've been a vegetarian for half a year, and a vegan for 2 months now. For the past two years or so, I've been bulimic, and slowly developed binge eating disorder. At this point I'm currently recovering, and I'm so grateful to have found this wonderful life style. However, I find myself craving bread soooo bad! Usually late in the evening. Does that happen to anyone else?

Today I ate 2 bananas and 2 mangoes for breakfast, then 6 bananas for lunch, a couple of handful of grapes when I got home and then stir fry with rice noodles for dinner. I've had an apple since then as well. Does anyone know why I keep craving bread? Should I eat more? 

Views: 1120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had the same issue when I first started high carb raw vegan. I had to significantly increase the amount of carbohydrate rich fruits like bananas, dates and mangoes to stop the craving feeling. I had lots of good memories attached to bread so at first it was hard to kick the habit of eating it, but gluten has never agreed with me so I always felt so bloated after. I now also eat a large fruit meal before my dinner which keeps me feeling full and I no longer feel the cravings anymore. 

You may need to eat more if you are craving bread at night. Your body may not have had enough carbohydrates during the day and is crying out for more.

I usually feel bloated too, and a tiny bit disappointed in myself. I'm so lucky to be able to be on this lifestyle - I want to fully enjoy it. Thanks for the advice!

You are definitely undereating during the day.  It's better to get in more calories earlier, putting less stress on your body and avoiding low blood sugar.  Those two things are probably causing the cravings.

Thanks, I'll be sure to carb up more! Love this life style so much, I have to make it work

I only ate one portion of dinner yesterday actually, probably around 400 calories. When you mention it, I've never thought about why I try to cut out bread, or why I feel bad when I'm eating it. Before I went vegan I was also constantly craving bread, but on days where I'd binge on bread I never felt satisfied. Therefore I blamed the cravings on lack of protein, because that's what I read online, and tried to eliminate things like bread and starch and all carbohydrates except fruits and vegetables from my diet. Maybe it's just a habit? I have this negative view on bread, though I don't know why, and I can't give valid reasons for it. Usually I won't allow myself the bread, which probably makes me crave it more. I should probably do like you, and allow myself some on occasion without freaking out. It's kind of hard changing your mindset, though, but I'm definitely upping my caloric intake from now on, and I'll see what happens! Thank you so much! 

Every time u eat, eat till ur full. Ur not "craving" bread, ur body is telling you that is needs more nutrients. What time do you eat dinner? I find that when you can eat at 4 or nearest to it, you leave some room to eat again if you need to b4 bed. Is the fruit organic? From my experience I find that a good multivitamin (with iron only if u know u need it) and mineral supplement work well for "cravings."  Take them when you get the cravings.

Yes, it does look like you not eating allot of food, but with ur background your body needs time to heal, so just eat till ur full.

Use cronometer...

http://www.rainbowlight.com/

http://www.nutraceutical.com/collections/healthy/solaray/

http://www.vitalearthminerals.com/product-p/l-fhb.htm

I'll usually eat dinner around five, though on fridays, saturdays and sundays, it usually ends being around 7 or 8. I buy whatever organic fruits and vegetables I can get my hands on and that I can afford, but I bet it's only 30 or 40% of all that I eat. These past two days I've been trying to eat more, and yesterday I did reach 2000 calories and I didn't crave anything all night, which felt amazing! Thanks so much! 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
23 hours ago
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service