30 Bananas a Day!

I am addicted to music

Views: 817

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have different favorites for different moods...

Galactic or Belizbeha when I want to exercise/dance

Mozart when I want to calm myself

Lucinda Williams when I feel like singing

The Band or The Allman Brothers when I'm feeling nostalgic

Feeling rowdy?  How about the President of P?

Jerry Garcia, David Gilmore and Bob Marley cannot be beat. Sandy Denny is also up there. In today's music do yourself a favour and check out Elsiane (listen to Vaporous) very unique and unusually beautiful voice. Trust me on this one friends!

Look at me, about to sound oh so hipster. 

Genres: 

Dubstep/Electro/Dance

Bassnectar, Lorde (only Tennis Court though), Skrillex sometimes, Deadmau5, Bonobo...I can't think of any more, really, but I love bass and trippy music and well-made dance with no lyrics. 

Classical

Well...Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake (Scene), Nutcracker (Waltz of the Flowers), and the Piano Concerto 1 in B-Flat Minor

Debussy's Deux Arabesques and Clair De Lune

Mozart's Lacrimosa and anything opera-like and waily. Symphony No. 40. 

Beethoven: Moonlight Sonata, a hundred times. That's music for being hipster and introspective, right thar. 

Then for something more modern: I like Marianelli (movie composer)'s stuff for Pride and Prejudice as well as YANN TIERSEN. 

Jazz and Swing:

Billie Holiday: God Bless the Child, Strange Fruit, Summertime. Ella Fitzgerald: They Can't Take That Away From Me. Also, everything Ella Fitzgerald ever said or did. 

love music 2 !!! SUPERTRAMP, E;ectric Light O rchestra, Wings, Abba,Tears 4 Fears, The Osmonds,Queen, Frankie Goes 2 Hollywood,Glenn Miller, Daniel Kobialka. DEUTER,terry. Mike & Sally Oldfield,Jean Michel Jarre, Andreas Vollenweider, Thijs Van Leer,Enya, Celtic Woman, Cloe Agnew,Charlotte Church,Vera Lynn,Dianna Ross, Mylene Farmer, Petra (de steur)

Just 2 mention a few of my favorites .....

Whoops, forgot 2 mention the Beach Boys : (God Only Knows, Good Vibrations)

M.I.A., Nirvana, Death Grips, Hole, Fever Ray, Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada. Björk, Kanye West, Planningtorock, Santigold, Sleigh Bells, Lily Allen, No Doubt, Crystal Castles, Amy Winehouse, Portishead, James Blake, etc...

Yup pretty much.

Right now:

Chelsea Wolfe

MS MR

Cold Cave

Crystal Castles

Grimes

Die Antwoord

Purity Ring

Sleigh Bells

:)

Beirut, The Smiths, Grizzly Bear, Sufjan Stevens, Alt-J, Ludovico Einaudi

Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan, Grizzly Bear, The Fixx, Simple Minds, Prince, The Rolling Stones, Joy Division....to name a few! :)

My favourite male singers there are so many but i will just list my top 5 Bon Scott, Noddy Holder, Joe Cocker, Van Morrison and Robert Plant. From the younger singers i have heard lately i have to say James Arthur is the most outstanding for my tastes.

I'll give my favourite female singers some thought there are so many exceptional ones :D

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Tuesday
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
Monday
Kelly's photo was featured
Monday
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11
OrganicMark posted a status
"PRESIDENT TRUMP & FREEDOM FIGHTERS TARGETED & BLACKLISTED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Hamvzj"
May 8
OrganicMark posted a status
"Q - We Are The Plan #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vEHbIP"
May 7
ednshell posted a video

MEASLES FOR DUMBIES

Multistreaming with https://restream.io/ MEASLES FOR DUMBIES! THE HIGHWIRE BRINGS AN ULTIMATE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO IDENTIFYING, UNDERSTANDING, AND REFUTING ...
May 7
Stewart is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 7
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service