30 Bananas a Day!

PART ONE PLANK FOR 2 MINUTES! (MAYBE REPEAT WITH A 1 MINUTE PLANK A...

PART 2 - (30-SECOND ONE ARM PLANK ON EACH SIDE) X2

AND PLEASE DON'T SAG WHILE DOING IT ;)

POST HOW LONG YOU WERE ABLE TO HOLD IT FOR!

Views: 1144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haakon  WOOHOO GOOD FOR YOU!
definitely give the one handed a go and let me know what your time was!

Whoa, I'm really glad you posted this. I never done it before, other than when it is incorporated in a work out or another (like in Insanity :) ).

I was able to hold it for a minute. Any tip for progressing to 2 minutes?

I did the same with my elbows on the floor (is that also called plank?), and did it for a minute. This one I felt more on my back, and the one on the hand more on my upper ab. Does this sound right?

Cool!

@ shegeekonraw  yeah the core incorporates the abs, inner thighs and back. have someone take a picture of you while doing it and just make sure your form is right. basically dont let your hips drop. (believe me, I teach yoga and i see this way too often) as far as feeling it in the back it's most likely because your abs were getting fatigued and letting the back work more. planks are great for back strengthening.

progressing to 2 mins is easy. just do 1-minute planks every other day and after a week or two move into 1 min 15 secs, then 1:30 min and so forth.

you can also do knee tucks for a dynamic plank variation and squats with back and front load :) (but I 'll try to make a challenge out of it so it's ... well challenging heh)

i will put out a few more challenges related to planks and their variations :)

Cool!

I am obsessed with working out my abs, and now I am obsessed with these planks!

I love love love this!!! It's such a great benchmark to have. I hope I can get to 2 min both low and high, and maintain that as a minimum for the rest of my life.

Yesterday:

High plank: 1:15 min, x2

Low plank: 1 min (dude, this kicks my ass)

shegeekonraw Thats awesome. Keep going. Just an inspirational note I have been doing 2 minute planks on and off for a while, just recently tried a 4 minute plank a few times... and what do you know a week later I did a 6 minute one. 1 and 2 minutes used to be very intense for me and I was able to work my way up to 6 mins.so in no time a 2 minute one should be easy for you.

and yeah i agree its phenomenal to maintain that for the rest of our lives :)

i am hoping someone beats my time so I can get motivated haha

sweeeeeet!

Nice for you, I'm coming on your heels! Thanks for sharing, that will keep me occupied for a while (trying to get to 6 minutes!)

I also got my husband to join me. He did a 2 minutes high plank, and chickened out on the low plank. It's a fun little competition to do together every morning. :)
OH YEAH, IT'S A TON OF FUN. especially if friendly competition is involved ;)  cant wait to hear yours and your hubby's progress

Yesterday:

High plank: 1:20 minute

Low plank: 1:15 minute

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"WHISTLEBLOWER GOES PUBLIC W/ NEW DETAILS OF FBI PLOT. SAYS HE GAVE BARR NAMES/DETAILS BACK IN APRIL! #truth #light #now http://j.mp/2zh63bH"
6 hours ago
Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Wednesday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 19
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Aug 18
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service