30 Bananas a Day!

Where to live in the winter (December-March) for the best fruit?

I must leave New York next winter in order to enjoy my food during the winter months. The months of December through March are especially disappointing since the bananas do not taste sweet and the watermelons are non-existent unless you can stomach rubbery mealy mush. I rely on getting fuel from my food and this winter fruit provides very little. The lack of sweetness is the big tip off. I do not wish to live on imported dates for three months.

Where are the best places to live from December to March in order to enjoy the taste of watermelons and bananas?

Views: 538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The bananas in Thailand are amazing. It's been pretty depressing coming home to the terrible bananas here that are only passable in smoothie form.

Didn't eat a lot of watermelon, but had some good ones. 

I so feel your pain :) but I thought New York was one of the best places to live as 811rv? Looking at Michael Arnstein his fruit shopping video's it looks pretty damn good.

I am afraid if I ever taste real fresh ripe sweet fruit I will be traumatised of the years I have missed out and start making grand plans to migrate to the tropics ;) I live in the Netherlands, almost all fruits are imported, however the situation is manageable (would not want to live as 811rv in Russia for example).

I like Thailand, don't care much for most of the banana types I've sampled but some are quite good, and the watermelons are excellent. Not to mention the mangoes, durian, jackfruit, mangoes, coconuts, dragonfruits, mangoes, chempedak, lychees, mangoes, longans, cantaloupes and the other 3-4 melon types I love but have no idea what they're called, mangosteens, mangoes, custard apples, Thai apples and... did I say mangoes? Flights are more dear and you'll need an easily acquired visa but living is cheap and food likewise. Just polished off 6 simply divine nam dok mai mangoes with a bunch of sabretooth bananas, yummy!

Thou spakest the divine truth, BBTHNDMFA (Blessed Be The Holy Nam Dok Mais Forever, Amen!).

Anywhere tropical and warm: Mexico, Hawaii, Thailand, India, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, etc.

Yes, Thailand would your first choice but it is far. We are in Costa Rica for the winter (we are Canadians) and enjoying delicious fruits (mainly bananas, pineapple, papayas, watermelons at this time of year). I can't wait for mangoes to be in season (April), because the mangoes they sell right now are pretty bad! You can also find sapote, sapodilla, great oranges for juice, passion fruits (grenadillas and maracuya) and other types of melons.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
22 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service