30 Bananas a Day!

I'm not getting a great deal right now(ASDA is proving my cheapest option for organic bananas), there are no fruit shops nearby and i've tried contacting a few places who deliver but to no avail... If anyone can recommend any companies or has any tips it'd be greatly appreciated :)

Views: 1938

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jessica, I think Farmaround deliver to Leeds, you can get an 18kg box of organic bananas for about £30 and you don't need to do a massive bulk order. They do other stuff too, not mangoes or dates unfortunately, but oranges & apples etc. I just bought a 5kg box of organic dates from haverawcakeandeatit.com. At £30 they were pretty cheap, but they're deglet noor - still quite nice, but obviously not as lovely as medjools. I've used Yaffa too, and agree they're great, but more like £55 for a box.

You should try and get a membership card in Costco. Me personally their bananas are really good. They are big, large in length and have at least 6-8 in a bunch for £1.20 or so. A box which supplies twelve bunches is usually around £15 if you want to round it up.

If there are little asian supermarkets/shops you could ask them to keep or buy extra boxes of bananas for you. My brother has done this in Leicester. Just a small Asian outlet down the road and he buys a box off them every so often. They are small to medium but its better than nothing. They just don't ripe well because his Uni-house is freezing as duck. 

Just googled some links:

http://www.wholesalefruitvegetableflowers.co.uk/

http://www.nfb.co.uk/about_us.html

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
9 hours ago
allie posted a discussion
12 hours ago
allie posted a photo
13 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
yesterday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service