30 Bananas a Day!

Is this common?  To have what I think is severely reduced ear wax?  I was told and have read you need ear wax to protect your ears.  Not really complaining because it kind of feels good to have a "light" feeling head/ear area.

This has really been my only noticeable "detox" symptom after 2.5 months of HCRV.  I feel pretty lucky cause I have not had any bloating or other weird stuff happen to me...yet.  Only headache but I know it's because of low calorie, because I eat more and feel awesome again.

I eat banana smoothies morning and citrus mono lunches and bananas and dates and nightly salads for the most part.  Tons of water pee 10-12 clear

Thanks Tyson

Views: 3552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I noticed this too, I cleaned my ears and no earwax, I was thinking it was strange because I couldn't remember the last time I even cleaned them.  I guess it's the high carb diet anyways using q-tips in your ears is dangerous.  I wouldn't worry about too little earwax lol.

My ear is full of wax lately. Woke up last night a bit deaf.

dang ruins low-earwax being attached to the diet

Well I'm not always a fruit bat :), so maybe it is still.

Ear wax is simply mucus with sloughed off skin/hair, it keeps your ears clean and healthy. Mucus membranes in general are important for a number of reasons, but just like when you get a cold or sinus infection, excess mucus is no bueno! 

I used to have a constant runny nose, no matter the season, but that all changed when I went vegan. I'd heard of this from reading about other vegans, but the biggest change for me was that I stopped waking up in the morning with terrible pain in whichever ear was on the side that I slept on--I had a big problem with excess mucus, and it caused a lot of ear infections. I had to have kleenex with me at all times like a grandma, and I literally had to q-tip my ears at least twice a day! Since going vegan and especially since going HCRV, my ears/head never hurt, no more constant runny nose, no more daily q-tipping, and no more colds.

Mucus formation outside of normal glandular production is caused in reaction to inflammation--from the simplest things like sprinkling ground pepper on food and it flying into your nose, to constant consumption of irritating foods like dairy, processed foods, and things that you are allergic to etc. Mucus is formed to protect your cells from harm, and when your immune system is being thwarted constantly (like it was before shifting your diet), overproduction becomes the norm. Anywho, what I'm getting at is that excess mucus is a symptom of a bigger problem, so not having noticeable excess is a sign you're doing something right.  Celebrate your new mucosal balance!!

Excessive discharge of ear wax is usually a reaction of the body to something toxic such as dust, bacteria, germs, and other foreign objects entering the ear.  The brown discharge that many people see on their Q tips is not necessarily a sign of good health especially if accompanied by a foul odor, pus, and or blood.  

On this diet, we get detoxed from the inside out and with a healthy immune system, we live in symbioses with our bacteria and so called "germs."  

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000979.htm  Ear Wax

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003042.htm  Ear Discharge

So it could be assumed that we would produce less ear wax.  I personally clean my ears about 1 time a week or less and usually things are very clear and or watery verses the thick yellow discharge I had previously.  

At this point, if you have no other symptoms such as pain, blood, or dry flaky skin, or scabbing in the ear, or other foul smelling discharge, you are probably good to go!  If not, then please see a doctor.  

Peace, PK

Just to confirm what others are noting.  I have also noticed that when I'm good about staying on 90/5/5 I have much reduced ear wax and boogers in my nose, and the couple of times I've gone off the diet the boogers come right back, ear wax not as fast.  Once I'm back on, boogers go away again (well not go away, but much less of a nuisance).  I'm pretty sure that the last time I fell of the wagon was the last.  There are just so many of these things stacking up that it's making it easier to stick to the plan.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
Tuesday
Peter posted photos
Tuesday
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
Monday
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
Monday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 4 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/35Q1zYN"
May 12

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service