30 Bananas a Day!

My twin sister, Mackenzie Carpenter (also on the site), and I are raw vegans looking to move away from the cold weather. We currently live in Wilmington, DE and are tired of the cold winters, poor air quality, power-plants/factories right around the corner, and general atmosphere of the area. We would love to move somewhere warm, preferably with hiking/biking trails, campgrounds, maybe a beach. Anyone know of some places like this?? Thanks! :)

Views: 3148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hawaii or Portland Oregon. Hawaii because of the obvious food supply, or Portland area because of the cultural  emphasis on accepting a huge variety of dietary needs. Not only are there various restaurants but also we have several groups who meet weekly for raw pot lucks and discussions and various health food conventions and summits.

oh ya, not to mention also the huge amount of organic local produce farmers markets every week and typically one for every day of the week

Wow, that is awesome! We would love to participate in raw potlucks and things like that! And the organic farmers markets every week would be so amazing! That's definitely what we're looking for. Where we live, there is nothing like that. There doesn't seem to be any raw community here, and we would have to go into Philadelphia to meet up with raw vegans. It's just an all around depressing place to live and not many people are happy here, so we are looking to get out. Thank you so much for your response!

Hawaii! 

Thank you! We love it there and are definitely considering it!! :)

What kind of work are you planning to do if any?

Bay Area is super bomb. Santa Barbara is badazz. San Diego where I live is pretty ideal weatherwise and the produce can be very good and inexpensive and has somethings that you won't find elsewhere, but I think overall Santa Barbara or the Bay Area is better for food quality. SD has easy beach access though. 

We are both nannies, so we'd most likely be looking to do something in childcare wherever we go, but we're both not opposed to finding other types of work if that doesn't pan out. My friend traveled to San Diego once and fell in love with it, so we've definitely been thinking about it. That area seems to be the favorite for most so far! I think Amanda and I are just going to have to travel around to different places and check them out and see what would be the best fit for us! Thank you!

It's pretty sweet

Thank you! :)

You're welcome

phoenix,  we got the most hiking and bike stuff the cheapest standard of living way clean , longest running biggest arts culture walk thing,   2 seasons , lots of water and unlimited foraging and some great dumpsters and active food not bombs chapter .     i'd stay away from any pacific beach since the disaster.  but if not i'd go back to live in malibu

That area was definitely a consideration too! Finding a good place to hike and bike is important to both of us. Unlimited foraging sounds good too! :) And you bring up a really good point about staying away from Pacific Beaches. I honestly hadn't even thought of that, but there's no way I want to be around any of that. Thanks for bringing that up!

Wow, Phoenix sounds awesome! Thanks for your help!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service