30 Bananas a Day!

My twin sister, Mackenzie Carpenter (also on the site), and I are raw vegans looking to move away from the cold weather. We currently live in Wilmington, DE and are tired of the cold winters, poor air quality, power-plants/factories right around the corner, and general atmosphere of the area. We would love to move somewhere warm, preferably with hiking/biking trails, campgrounds, maybe a beach. Anyone know of some places like this?? Thanks! :)

Views: 3161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, that is awesome! We would love to participate in raw potlucks and things like that! And the organic farmers markets every week would be so amazing! That's definitely what we're looking for. Where we live, there is nothing like that. There doesn't seem to be any raw community here, and we would have to go into Philadelphia to meet up with raw vegans. It's just an all around depressing place to live and not many people are happy here, so we are looking to get out. Thank you so much for your response!

Hawaii! 

Thank you! We love it there and are definitely considering it!! :)

We are both nannies, so we'd most likely be looking to do something in childcare wherever we go, but we're both not opposed to finding other types of work if that doesn't pan out. My friend traveled to San Diego once and fell in love with it, so we've definitely been thinking about it. That area seems to be the favorite for most so far! I think Amanda and I are just going to have to travel around to different places and check them out and see what would be the best fit for us! Thank you!

Thank you! :)

phoenix,  we got the most hiking and bike stuff the cheapest standard of living way clean , longest running biggest arts culture walk thing,   2 seasons , lots of water and unlimited foraging and some great dumpsters and active food not bombs chapter .     i'd stay away from any pacific beach since the disaster.  but if not i'd go back to live in malibu

That area was definitely a consideration too! Finding a good place to hike and bike is important to both of us. Unlimited foraging sounds good too! :) And you bring up a really good point about staying away from Pacific Beaches. I honestly hadn't even thought of that, but there's no way I want to be around any of that. Thanks for bringing that up!

Wow, Phoenix sounds awesome! Thanks for your help!

You guys should definitely visit Phoenix in the Summer if you haven't already. It is a great town like Sunshine said, but it is ungodly hot in the Summer. I lived there off and on throughout my childhood and my parents live there now. Every time I go there I feel like I can feel myself cooking. BUT the Winter months are amazing and you're not far from California if you want to make trips out there!

Thank you! That was a very helpful list that you provided the link to, and so is your list! I feel like we have a more complete list of choices now, so the decision won't be as hard. Ideally I would like to live in an area where I can bike everywhere, grow some of my own food, and live a more sustainable life, but I also want to make sure that there's some semblance of a raw community wherever we go, so that may take some time to find. We want to live more simply, but at the same time, can't completely go off the grid and cut off ties with society. I think Amanda and I need a good balance. Thank you so much for your help!

Thanks so much!! We really appreciate the help and advice!! :)

Haha I love that I have a lot of family and friends here, but it is just so cold and disgusting a lot of the time! I also feel like we've run out of things to do here. I would love to come back and visit, but I don't want to settle here. LA seems to be the popular choice! I've never been, so it sounds like we need to take a trip! We will look for you on facebook! Thanks!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
8 hours ago
Rock posted a discussion
16 hours ago
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23
ednshell posted a video

Are Vacuum Blenders Worth It?! With John Kohler

Diving deep into the subject of Vacuum Blenders with the man the myth the legend John Kohler. We go into what are vacuum blenders, what are the advantages an...
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service