30 Bananas a Day!

I always sleep in thr SAME position...on my stomach, head turned, one arm up by my head and the other down by my side. I never can fall asleep in a different position...but sometimes i have a tender neck from the position...what are your thoughts and how do u guys sleep ? :)

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been more comfortable on my tum for years, even knowing it isn't ideal, until this vid gave me some clues as to how to improve.  The pillow between legs helps a lot

\

And haven't watched this one all the way through yet, but seems in the same vein:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd3HeEoqfa4
The best position is on the back with arms at the sides palms up, top of the head pointing south, on a surface that is rigid but slightly spongy on top (think of a forest floor). It's called savasana (corpse pose) in Ayurveda.

Before I fall asleep is usually on my back and then on one side or the other or on my arm

It actually doesn't depend on the person, the body is akin to a machine in that it operates in predictable ways.. And if you're trying to get better rest to heal it there are objectively better positions to maximize things like blood flow and reduce inflammation. The best position has a name in Sanskrit which is savasana and you can also see that many other ancient cultures were aware of this knowledge. Think of the Egyptian sarcophagus, also the stories of vampires sleeping in coffins. Not only does the position of the body matter for complete rest, but the blocking of noise and light. That would seem extreme to our standards but our society is used to extravagance and not health. We were not evolved to sleep on top of goose feathers or on springs..!

just don't get too comfortable...

no need to get furious, my furiend.  I can keep this up furever!

The best position is a relaxed mind. :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Cédric replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"John Williams - Fed Lost Control of Financial System #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2P5nMeM"
10 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a photo
Dec 4
Profile IconAnna Bostick and Angela Hogan joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Dec 3
Raini Pachak posted a discussion
Dec 3
Kelly's photo was featured
Nov 30
ednshell's photo was featured
Nov 27
Profile IconJust.Me, Malika and Phoebe joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 27
Justine Jolene and Kevin are now friends
Nov 27
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Nov 20
fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
Nov 17
fruity78 posted a discussion
Nov 17
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Nov 16
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service