30 Bananas a Day!

So tonight I was relaxin around my house and my sister and her boyfriend were here and hungry with no money. They asked me if they could borrow (have) 10 bucks so they could get a rotisserie chicken. I thought about it for a second (literally) and said.......hell no! why you would ask a vegan for money to buy a chicken is beyond me, but what would you have done??  I offered to take her out to a local vegan (and my favorite) cafe that whips up some really good (99% organic, 100% wholefood) steamed dishes, smoothies, and saladson me, so it's all good. But for real I laughed when i first heard her question :D Waking my sis and him up slowly but surely

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the latter is merely an assumed and often bizarre 'courtesy', whereas the former, even as we try to deny it, has been branded into our souls.

Great line!

Oh, cool, I'm glad you pointed that out, it is a great line. :)
Right on bro! :)
lol.  i love it!
You know, for me, its not about the money. Its about the relationship during that act of giving. Its like when someone on the street asks me for a dollar and I know that they're going to use it to buy something that I don't condone. But maybe we have some sort of relationship ie. I see them regularly, I've known them since I was 14 b/c they been panhandling on that corner forever and a day. At what point am I attached to what they do with "my" money, or at what point do I let go of the idea that I am in control or responsible for how they live their lives. So, yeah, most people would say at this point, that no, I don't give them that money. Because no, I don't buy nothing at chain stores for instance. But others, often myself included, give to the crackhead I've known since I was 14 because I value my relationship to that person in that moment and wish to continue some sort of relationship if even for a few more seconds. And maybe that person uses that money to buy a crack rock or a snickers bar or a f'ing chicken, and in that bite or hit have some epiphany and change their lives around. I can't take credit for that. Or maybe I just don't give a nothing about an interaction and ignore them completely. Or, if that were my sister and I took her to a vegan restaurant she'd probably think I was being patronizing. So in short, I don't do well with hypotheticals but to me, it all has to do with the relationship, of which I know nothing about, in your case. And respecting others decisions about what they believe and how they  wish to kill themselves. Personally, I want to kill myself slipping on a banana peel off a cliff.  Anyways, wish you were my brother. :)
I buy vegan food all the time for people. I gave a begger a banana today. Why give money for drugs and death when it can be for supporting good things? Thats what I say.

Yes, the moral of the story: carry spare bananas at all times for all sorts of reasons. Back then, that's all I knew: drugs and death. But now I know bananas :) I'm hearing you all. Spread the message, live the life.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Kris and Kevin are now friends
yesterday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
yesterday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
Lynae K. commented on victoria conde's blog post GOODBYE Tanglewood
Tuesday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video
Sunday
Profile IconSylvie Charron, Sarah Troyer, arinn m williams and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
Mindaugas BananaHoover replied to Mindaugas BananaHoover's discussion Project: 101 Arguments Why We Need Move to TROPICS. Yes No Lists in the group Costa Rica 80 10 10
Nov 4
Profile IconBlu and Mike Moffat joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 25
ednshell posted a video

Arthur Firstenberg - 5G, Birds, Bees, and Humanity

A Symposium regarding 5G, Birds, Bees, and Humanity was held on August 12, 2018 in Taos, New Mexico, USA. Arthur Firstenberg was one of the…
Oct 25
OrganicMark posted a status
"Fed Prints Hundreds Of Billions For Repo, Majority Of US Banks At Risk Of Failure In Next Downturn #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2MGiJjV"
Oct 24
Allison Frances and Jessica are now friends
Oct 23
OrganicMark posted a status
"As Liquidity Evaporates, Fed's Third Bill POMO Is 5.5 Oversubscribed, Most Yet #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2Jd6RDz"
Oct 23

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service