30 Bananas a Day!

Help! My aunt brought me a bag of little tomatoes and they are going to go bad soon. What kinds of recipes could I make with them? I'm thinking some kind of sauce or soup but I am new at the 8 11 and not very experimental in the kitchen so I don't even know where to start. Thanks so much!

Sarah

Views: 318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sarah!

I bought a 50lb case of tomatoes a couple weeks ago and had a lot of fun making food with them.

Most of them I blended for salad dressing & marinara!  You can also make a tomato smoothie either with just tomatoes or add herbs such as basil, oregano, cilantro or rosemary!

The best thing I made was "rawvioli" - I sliced the tomatoes really thin, and between 2 slices I put a dollop of low-fat pesto (search for the recipe on Youtube by fullyraw Kristina).  You can eat these as-is or dehydrate it for a couple hours.

hugs!

Thank you KB! That rawvioli sounds to die for! 

For the marinara did you just blend up the tomatoes and add herbs? 

Hey Sarah - here's my fav marinara recipe:

2 large tomatoes
1⁄2 cup sundried tomatoes
1⁄4 cup fresh basil
8 large dates

1⁄4 tsp. dried oregano

Blend it all up!    :)

I just eat them... like delicious treats. Can easily make my way through 40 - 50 tomatoes a day like this :-)

Another option would be to sundry them or dehydrate them in either a dehydrater or the oven.

little tomatoes like sweet cherry tomatoes?  Yum! :D  Wash and eat as is!

yea takes quite a few tomatoes to make a meal of em your relative sets you on a proper path

I would absolutely just munch on the whole bag for an afternoon snack! So delicious. 

My neighbor had a lovely garden this summer but too many tomatoes to handle in his SAD diet so he let me take a ton off his hands. I probably ate 1/2 a bushel of large tomatoes in a week and a half. The best week and a half of summer ever!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
19 hours ago
allie posted a discussion
23 hours ago
allie posted a photo
23 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
yesterday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service