30 Bananas a Day!

I've been eating 50 to 80% raw for the last 6 months. I love my sweet fruits, but occasionally burn out and want something savory, which usually leads to bell pepper bisque or tomato soup, dehydrated kale with cashew cheez coating. All these things have a couple tbls of cashew butter and added salt.

Do you think this is something to stay away from? Wanting the savory can also lead to eating cooked which can take weeks to come out of. I wish I didn't struggle with this. It's bad on the body and the psyche.

Any thoughts?

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may find this article on controlling your cravings useful.
Let me guess.... You have not yet purchased a copy of "The 80-10-10 Diet," by Dr. Douglas Graham. Correct? You should do that right away. It will be your BIBLE... You need to cut way down on the fat and eliminate cooked foods or limit the cooked stuff to selected items only. NO SALT. Very important. It is addictive and creates desire for various other foods. That has a lot to do with your cravings.... What are you trying to accomplish? Lose weight? Improve your health?
Correct I have not yet purchased the book. It's not at the library and I can't find it used. I'd like to buy a used copy. My limit is about $10-$15/ Lose weight and improve health. Improving health is #1. Loss will be a boon.
Wendy, you can get a order a used copy now for $17.71 + shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/80-10-Diet/dp/1893831248/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&a...

I would HOPE that you consider your health, well-being, happiness, etc., to be worth at LEAST that much to you, but hey, it's your life. :)
Yes I second this Wendy, get a copy of 811 & do LFRV 100%, your health will never be the same again...
Thanks I will order the book this week! :-)
not being fully raw or 80/10/10 can really have a toll on your cravings, because i know what you mean when you say you're burnt out on fruit and you just want something else. i know that feeling comes from not eating enough greens for your salt intake to control your salt cravings, or when bread starts to look good, which means you havent eaten nearly enough carbohydrates (fruits). just increase the amount of salads and fruits youre eating. also one thing is, if you arent interested in salads with no dressing, or a raw dressing, then just refrain from eating them until they look appetizing. and believe me, the day they look appetizing does come. i had been through a stage where i just could not eat any salads, i didnt enjoy it at all, it just wasnt tasty. but eventually as my body grows more on the diet, and as time went on my need for the salads grew, and eventually to the point where i crave salads now! which i have to eat more of or else ill find cravings for other foods pop up. eat enough, and your body isnt going to want more. (refrain from using your mind when listening to your body, as they tend to contradict eachother)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
12 hours ago
Rock replied to Reese's discussion Can you still have detox symptoms eating 50% raw and 50% sad
12 hours ago
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion The Gender Knot, veganism, and liberalism.
12 hours ago
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Acupuncture and chiropractic on animals is pseudo-science animal cruelty.
13 hours ago
Rock replied to Silvery's discussion What are good techniques in not letting the bananas over ripe?
13 hours ago
Charlie joined gmb's group
Friday
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
Thursday
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
Wednesday
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Still Mind
Tuesday
Houdini Steve Owens replied to Ciara's discussion My English for your Spanish in the group International Penfriends and Language Exchange
Tuesday
Alexis Bassard left a comment for Elliot David Manning
Monday
Elliot David Manning and Alexis Bassard are now friends
Monday
Alexis Bassard posted a status
"I'm going on a fasting cleanse"
Monday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service