30 Bananas a Day!

I've been eating 811 since May, and I have gained a TON of weight. Some of it was good, I guess (I was 100 pounds when I started and recovering from an ED), but it is getting out of hand. 

I weighed myself for the first time since starting this lifestyle just last week. I was 130 pounds!!!!! For my height (5'4 and 1/2) that is chubby, and all I am is flab and chub. I don't fit into any of my clothes anymore; I went from a size 0/1 to  size 5/6 or 7/8. I'm starting to get really discouraged; running is becoming increasingly difficult as I keep gaining weight, I look awful in everything I wear because my fat belly and thighs protrude, and I just generally look like a SAD eater. 

I eat about 2500-3000 calories a day, do sprints 4 times a week, run maybe 10 miles a week, and swim for about a half hour on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I also lift weights and do other strength training 2-3 times a week. 

I follow all of Freelee's "Flat stomach tips" and still have no results.

I love this lifestyle, except for the fact that I'm very uncomfortable in my body now. 

What should I do? Any tips for a more toned stomach and thighs? I don't know what to do anymore. 

Views: 998

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

first of all, i'd say you need to chill down and avoid stress. you should degrade yourself excessively. that's not a good thing. just calm down and relax! second, what is your level of physical activity? do you practice regularly? third: are you eating a balanced diet? just eating raw fruit and veg is not enough. you need to eat a variety of raw fruits and vegetables in order to achieve and maintain health.

i actually meant: you SHOULDN'T degrade yourself excessively.

I exercise every day except Tuesday. Usually it's between a half hour and an hour. I'd exercise more, but as a high school student with 5 AP classes (and about 4-6 hours of homework a day), I find myself very busy. I do sprints for 10 minutes at 5:00 AM before school, and when I get home I usually swim a little and do strength training for 20-30 minutes every other day. 

My diet mostly consists of bananas, dates, mangoes, melons, oranges, grapes, greens, and other veggies. About twice a month I eat an avocado. I drink about 2-3 liters a day and sleep 8 hours. 

I'm otherwise very happy, but I am so frustrated with my body! Thanks for the support though.

I believe that's quite enough as far as activity goes. Doesn't have to be really a lot. And if you really do as you say, then your activities are balanced. As for diet, i think you really have to plan your meals so they are balanced: it is not just a matter of using many ingredients; they have to be combined in the correct proportions.

now it's spring here, so i sometimes do this:

when the day begins, i fill three large bowls:

the first with 1,6kg of lettuce
the second with 1,6kg of squash
the third with about 4,2kg of bananas (including the skin)

then i eat the contents of the three bowls as the day passes by.

at the end of the day, after the bowls have been emptied, i eat 8-9 almonds.

it's as simple as that.

Keep your eye on the ball and keep going, the weight gain is temporary, health is the goal.  Focus on what good results you are getting right now, you're doing great! :)

A few things that might be of interest to you. :)

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/how-to-accept-fat-gain-and?

http://thebananagirl.com/but-the-scales-say-im-fat.php

30BaD FADs: Why 2500/3000 Calories A Day? - 30 Bananas a Day!

Well try to not worry too much about it.  You could weigh upwards of 155 pounds and still be in a healthy range.  I personally prefer that people carry a little body weight and fat.  Both dietary fat and body fat is needed for the regulation and storage of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K.  Some fat on the body also cushions us from blows and falls.  

Now with all the exercise you say you are doing, I am guessing some of your weight gain is muscle mass as well as stronger denser bones from the high nutrient content.  

What you may need to do is decide what kind of body image you want.  You mentioned doing things like lifting weights that are going to promote weight gain and growth of muscles.  That is great for body builders.  But if you are looking more for a toned model look, then may be belly dancing, yoga, and or even martial arts might be a better fit for you, skip the weight lifting.  

If you are like me, then your thighs are also going to blow up with muscle when you do jogging and running too.  I have typical gymnast thighs.  Again, dancing and walking might be better for toning.  

I want to encourage  you to continue on and relax.  You are not fat or overweight and probably right at a weight that may be optimally healthy for you.  

For reasons why:

30BaD FADs: Healthy Weight Gain - 30 Bananas a Day!

Good luck and Peace, PK

I personally prefer that people carry a little body weight and fat. 

+1 :-)

Your body is THRASHED from years of ED/running on stims.

Give it a few years for it to stabilise again. Have faith and 1000% certainty that this is the lifestyle that reaps the natural rewards though.

Hey, what else you gonna do? :)

Hey, what else you gonna do? :)

yeah, that's the point! people want magical solutions to their problems, but the reality is 811rv is all we've got. our best bet is to work with nature, and not to try to bend so it best suits us. there ain't no magic. all there is the laws of nature; and if we are to be healthy, all we gotta do is follow them and respect them; and... have patience! eventually you'll reap the benefits of what you're doing now.

it takes many years for a tree to bear fruit. you surely can wait before it's harvest time.

Hey Alexandra,

I completely agree with what everyone's posted here. I suffered from EDs as well and even when I've been almost 10 years clean, I was still undereating (not aware that that was still not enough) until I found this lifestyle.

I know how you feel and it makes me really sad - having been there myself  and in general - when I see people being judged and/or judging themselves by their size. That hurts me so much. Whoever is vegan, especially 80/10/10-LFRV is beautiful, which is what you are.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of the scale!!! Scales are demons and belong in the rubbish (and are fun to smash beforehand ;) ) because they make people ill, which is not what this lifestyle is about!

Even though this lifestyle keeps me clean for good, I admit to being confronted sometimes with such dilemmas as well, as I have gained a significant amount of weight and sometimes struggle with ideas on what kinds of loose clothes (I've always worn loose clothing because I always found tight clothes unattractive regardless of body shape) I should buy when I can afford it. BUT what helps me from being discouraged is when I think about my #1 inspiration here ESPERANZA, as she is the finest example in my eyes of what this lifestyle is all about and is appreciative of her healing and gaining optimal health. :)

If you ever want to talk, feel free to write to me, as I am going through a similar journey as well and am letting my body heal itself and learn to trust me again.

PS: If I may add, I remember your earlier posts as you were really struggling with your ED and want to tell you how proud I am of you that you're focusing on being healthy, even when your mind is still wounded from the ED. Don't get discouraged and keep living healthy. You're beautiful! :)

Alexandra, I never had an ED but I do come from a background of being extremely underweight due to Celiac Disease, so I can kind of empathize with you here. I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life. After a year and a half of 811, I've had to buy a completely new set of clothes. I can no longer get into any of my old clothes at all! When I sit down I leave a dent on the sofa, where before, I didn't. I sometimes feel like I am immense!

The truth is though, I have a BMI of 22-23 now. I am a perfectly healthy weight. I've been underweight for so much of my life, that being a normal healthy weight feels 'fat' to me.

I just calculated your BMI and it came out at 22.3. You too are a perfectly healthy weight, and most definitely not overweight.

From what you say it sounds like you are doing everything right in terms of lifestyle. I think coming from an ED background, it's to be expected that you'll have a little excess fat on your tummy and thighs. Your body is attempting to find balance. Hang in there, keep doing what you are doing! Health 811 style is a long term deal.

I had bad skin when I started this and for the first year or so, it got worse! Now, 1.5 years in, it's better than it's been since I was a child. Relax, you're gonna be fine!

~

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
3 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
17 hours ago
Rock posted a discussion
yesterday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service