30 Bananas a Day!

What's the most nutritious form of spinach? Juiced or raw salad?

Reading about spinach and can't seem to get a straight answer off the net about what form of spinach (raw, juiced, cooked) gives you the most nutrition. Some people say cooked, but I primarily would like to know if it is more benificial as a juice or raw salad. Trying to come up with a HCRV meal plan. Thanks guys

Views: 1881

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You've gotta get you're head out of this "one or the other" aristotelian logic man. They are two DIFFERENT things. One isn't necessarily "better" than the other. They both have they're positive aspects. For the positive reasons to juice, why don't you do a simple google search- the info is all out there if you choose to look for it.

Denouncing something like juicing before even trying it yourself and/or understanding the basics of it is just silly

Yes there are researches why juicing is beneficial!!

There are lot's of SCIENTIFIC reasons why juicing IS beneficial for our health.. I did NOT say that blending is negative and juicing is "the King", but I say that juicing is great to get nutrients and it is good for our health. There are enough studies that show that! I also drink smoothies every now and then, but I totally disagree with you that juicing has a negative impact on health!

How am i not reading you're question properly? Its straight forward..

You said "why extract a valuable nutrient like fibre from a whole food?"

I already had said: "If you're already getting enough fiber from the rest of you're diet, then what is the problem with juicing a bit along with that? Juicing is a great way to deliver a massive amount of nutrients in a way that is easily absorbed by the body."

Besides, there is much more to nutrients than fiber, (there can be more than 10,000 different flavonoids in a single piece of fruit, for example). So if you're already getting enough fiber from you're diet, then i can't imagine how adding a bit of juice to that would have a NEGATIVE impact on health, as you're claiming.

You said "Does anyone here have a scientific/logical reason to why juicing might be better than blending?" 

I suggested you stop thinking in aristotelean logic. I'm not claiming one is better than the other. As i said i blend much more than i juice, but juice feasting is interesting. And i already explained some of the benefits of juicing. I'm not going to spoon feed you. If you want to see more research/first hand accounts, just look it up yourself.

Thank you very much, but I read you your comment, that's why I wrote the answer that I posted

More doesn't equal better.. you'll create imbalance with fragmented/concentrated foods like juices..

You should eat whole foods instead of juicing not because 811 but because it's healthier and best for your body..

i hear you on the whole foods thing, but i must add i'm pregnant. prior to finding out i was a vegan for 12 years and while my diet was muchhhh better and healthier than most americans it wasn't adequate for my own health goals. after becoming pregnant it was clear i was deficient in many nutrients, i didn't need a doctor to tell me that-- i felt it. i'm trying to HCFV but nutrition is a priority because it's not just me. 

but it would be ok to use spinach in a blnder/food processor right like another member recommended? i intended on eating spinach and kale salads as well, but I'm craving a lot of tart fruits. I'm adding fruit to all sorts of weird things lol i want to eat the spinach but with some sort of tart fruit.

Good post desi. I don't understand the hostility towards juicing here. Its been shown over and over again to be a very beneficial thing for people.

"Juicing isn't wonderful because it's processed, fragmented food stripped from fiber, etc. Not whole food anymore."

This is all semantic play..(as if juicing somehow equates to "processed foods" :-P )

If you're getting enough fiber from the rest of you're diet, then what is the problem with juicing a bit along with that? Juicing is a great way to deliver a massive amount of nutrients in a way that is easily absorbed by the body.

Harmful? What? And nothing is bad about a thick green soup or dressing..I never said that..Hell, i make raw soup almost everyday!

This isn't an "eithor or" debate and i'm not saying any method is "better" or "worse" than any other, just different. I blend everyday, sometimes twice a day. I juice much less frequently than i wish i did.

All I'm saying is whats so bad about a big glass of juice on top of ones normal diet? 

Have you even looked into juicing at all? It just seems you've clearly never tried a juice feast yourself. Juicing can feel quite amazing. The big thing about it is that you can consume wayyy more fruits/veggies by drinking them in juice without the hard matter, and its much much gentler on the digestive system- which hardly has to do any work to digest the juice. You're body starts pushing out toxins and detoxing itself. Thats why theres countless people claiming that juicing cured them of all sorts of ailments, even cancer. Although i'm no doctor so take that last bit with a grain of salt ;)

Great reply!! I'm of the same opinion!

Juicing does not cure anything.. it's the removal of the junk food that gives the body a chance to heal..

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
23 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
23 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 21
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service