30 Bananas a Day!

Completely off-topic.

Looking for ideas or products that I can store my pictures and documents.

I have a thumbdrive...I think 4GB, but I have business stuff I want separate as well as docs I want separate from pics.  I don't want any online/cloud, but I do want it to be better than just several lose-able thumbdrives.  I want it off my computers since I've already had 3 fail and one is starting to look like it's gonna go the same way.

Ok, another question for you brainiacs...do you know what could cause a comp to completely stop working.  I've traded out the power supply, but that doesn't work.  I have my old pics that I can't get off of those computers.

Thanks for any help or ideas!! 

Views: 458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That makes perfect sense!  I will be doing that - it should be what it is!  I'll let you know.

store your fotos normally on your computer and use what ever you have available as a backup device

i like to use SyncBreeze its easy to use and the freeware version does its job just fine

SyncBreeze will only transfer new or modified pictures so the first backup takes a while but additional ones will be swift

if your backupdevice is big enough you may want to sync the whole users directory (you need more than 4GB for that tough)

this is of course suggesting that you are using a windows pc but there are plenty of other programms for linux or mac aswell

I just found this thread so I thought I'd throw in the method I use.  I'm not a fan of cloud storage, either, but enjoy being able to access my "stuff" from anywhere I can access the Internet.

I purchased a .com domain name from crazydomains.com.au for $3 per year, paid 2+ years in advance, and HostPapa hosting for $3 per month, paid 3 years in advance.  I don't use that domain name for anything but a storage portal so it can be random letters.  No email address is attached to that domain name, either. 

I upload all my "keeper" files like pics, docs, ebooks, digital biz programs I've purchased and the like.  As long as HostPapa is alive and kicking I have access to my files without using someone else's dedicated cloud storage.

Hi Bella,

For storage I would suggest that you buy online some big (32 or 64 gb,) usb drives or mini SD cards. Mini SD cards are very compact and like the USB will last a long time and is not as easily damaged as a hard drive or a CD/DVD.

I personally use external HDD, but that is just for storage, not for back up.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
9 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
23 hours ago
Rock posted a discussion
yesterday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service