30 Bananas a Day!

I've been following this lifestyle for nearly 2 years (will be 2 years in May). I've exercised rigorously, with cardio and strength, I do sprints and other HIIT sessions, I ride my bike wherever I can, I take rest days, I sleep an average of 9 hours a night, though occasionally I'll get 7 or 8. I get loads of sunshine, plenty of water. And, up until three months ago, I was averaging 2700-3000 calories a day. My weight hit the 135 mark when I was doing that (a gain of 45 pounds), and then went down to 130 for awhile after I lowered it to 2300-2500. But now, as of today, I weigh 147 pounds and my body fat percentage is 25.2%, though I've been doing everything imaginable to lower it to 17%.. What am I doing wrong? Why am I not losing the weight? I can't stand my body now--I don't fit into any of my clothes anymore, I have a hard time running now, I haven't had sex since September.. I'm not happy. I'm extremely frustrated: here I am, eating the best, healthiest diet in the world and my body resembles that of someone eating McDonalds at every meal. ANY advice would be welcomed. 
Thanks in advance. 

Views: 2668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have to stop calorie restricting! That's my only advice!

How's your digestion?

Lovely! Except if I don't sleep enough or drink enough. 

Looking at your past posts you had started it seemed like you were really really happy that you gained that weight for your recovery and that you felt a lot better, what changed?
It seems like your body mighttt still be trying to get used to everything

I was expected the weight to go down after awhile.. When it didn't, then my attitude changed. 

If you're restricting, I'm not sure where the mystery is.

+1

I was eating 4200-4500 for a good long point in my inpatient recovery (not even considering what I was getting while in the hospital before I was allowed to be admitted there), and need at LEAST 3000 for maintenance now, and I'm not doing nearly as much exercise as you (seriously). I think the reason why I never gained as much weight as you is because I recovered fully, since I got sent impatient, and you were never able to. I had four good months of nothing but eating, resting, and going through therapy. I feel like you still have a lot of fear and doubt and hatred towards your body. I'm still struggling a bit with the whole body image thing myself, don't get me wrong, but I've made a lot of progress and I never restrict my calories anymore. 3000+, without fail. 

If I rest a lot, won't a lose all the progress towards the muscle and endurance and strength and flexibilty and speed and stamina I've been trying soooooo hard to get? I don't want to turn skinny-fat. 

I'm not doing nearly as much exercise as you (seriously)

You're a long distance runner, I'm sure you're burning a TON.. and long distance running is not for me :P

Yeah, but not every day. And I hardly ever exercise more than an hour a day (especially anymore), unless maybe I'm cycling. Weight-lifters need just as many calories as long-distance athletes. (:

Food for thought indeed. Thanks so much Peter! 

HI! 

I had the same issue, and now I've changed my diet a little bit. Hopefully what I'm about to say doesn't contradict 30bad rules.

I'm on this diet since october 2012 and I was gaining weightg dramatically. In a year I gained around 30 pounds. 

My avarage sodium intake usually was around 500mg ant I ate around 4 % fat. 

Then around 2 weeks ago  I've decided to experiment, because I didn't really feel that good. I started eating 10 (+-) % of my calories from fats and getting around 1000 mg of sodium. 

I feel way better now. I'm still 80/10/10 (a little less protein, I suppose) but this way works better for me.

THough during these 2 week I was still eating around 3k calories, I somehow lost 8 pounds(which never happend before). 

Thought this may help.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Peter's photo was featured
17 hours ago
Profile IconRuby, linhle11, 13thMoon and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
17 hours ago
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
18 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Signs Executive Order Stripping Social Media Companies Of "Liability Shield" #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2XcNXUL"
May 30
Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 28
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
May 26
Peter posted photos
May 26
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
May 26
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
May 26
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service