30 Bananas a Day!

What if they can't lose excess fluff on this diet? Even after years? I'm not kidding!

Question. What to do if you are eating 811 low fat raw vegan diet ten years and you are still fat. I know of two women; Number One is a very youthful 75 years old 5' 3" 180 lb. and swears that she eats only fruit and greens. I have no evidence to doubt her. For the last decade I have seen her kitchen counter and fridge. Nothing but fruit and greens. When she was just vegan I used to train her and one of my trainers got her down to 135 lb. with six hours of low level cardio each week, but she hated it and even though she purchased an Exercycle Executive (allows the most efficient oxygen uptake as well as the least repetitive aerobic to cardio to hard endurance work), she hates exercise in general and unless she is babysitted she will not do it. She has been walking however every day for 40 minutes at 5 AM and later at 4:30 PM. She walks with a limp since she is so heavy that her knees can not take it. (That is a separate issue. She loves weight lifting but unfortunately can not do the best exercises due to her knees.) She first got into raw because of her liver. A doctor told her it was not working properly. But this would result it weight loss not gain, correct? Especially after so many years? Can her body be holding 100 lb. of excess water only? I have not figured this out in all this time. She is getting older and I want to help her. She has no food issues or cravings. She used to love to  water fast once a year, but never lost much weight even after 30 days. She could have gone longer but had responsibilities- that is the only reason she went back on fruit. NOTE: her calorie count is only about 800- 1200 average, and I have to "twist her arm" to  get her to even CONSIDER eating more. But she would at least have lost weight I would think... after all this time.

Woman Number Two is a younger 5' 8" and 180. Great genetics and proportions but a huge spare tire- eats some overt fat but mostly fruit. NOTE: She eats about 1000 calories per day that I know of, perhaps more on Fridays when she will have a little bit of a raw gourmet dish of about 400 calories mostly nuts or seeds with vegetables on a large bed of greens.

After 35 years of coaching people I have never come across anyone who did not respond to exercise. Every single client I have had in the last fourteen years who has gone raw, especially low fat raw vegan, has always gotten very thin, at least at first. I have given up. I never felt this way. But these two women are making me lose sleep at night. I really do not know what to do. Any help based on your actual experience that matches these variables as I have stated would be much appreciated!

Views: 6415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TRUTH!  Thank you :)

Have they checked for insuline resistance? aka metabolic syndrome

They don't eat enough carb calories.  The 2nd one especially not enough calories at all.  I'd have them try to jack up their calories from carbs and see if that makes a difference. 

If they are on ANY meds this will have an effect. 

Are they salt free? 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
Sunday
fruity78 posted a discussion
Sunday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Thursday
Thursday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Nov 13
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Nov 13
Nov 13
Nov 13
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Nov 13
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service