30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this lifestyle and super new to the forum. Nice to meet you all! Before I begin, a few stats: I am an 18 year old female from Brazil. I am about 160cm or 5'3". I currently weigh around 56kg or 124lbs. While this is still within a healthy range, it's way too much for someone who had a very slim figure her whole life. Before putting on weight, my weight stabilized at 49/50kg (110lbs) for over two years. 

Similarly to many ladies here, unfortunately, I'm also struggling deeply with self-esteem and body image issues. I'm completely dissatisfied with my body and have been for a long time. I was slim all my life, but at around 16 (I'm 18 now) I suddenly and for no apparent reason, put on a lot of weight. Since then, my self-esteem has been sent to the trash.

That said though, I really don't think I can say I come from a very restrictive background. I was never formally diagnosed with an eating disorder. I did go through a phase that lasted a couple of months when I somewhat restricted my calories and replaced dinner with a protein shake (yuck). But that's it, really. I fought to eat significantly less than I did during my childhood and early teens, but I was really not restricting to a great extent. My love for food prevented me from doing that.

I've been a vegan for over a year, and only transitioned to a raw till 4, 90/5/5 ratio a few weeks ago. I follow all of the guidelines here - I keep my sodium very, very low, mostly only eat rice, corn and potaoes for dinner, I eat my lettuce, etc. So, I keep seeing everybody saying that on this lifestyle, initial weight gain is common because your body is healing from metabolic damage due to a restrictive, dieting background. Well, what if that's not the case? Really the only thing that I've been doing for the past year and a half or so is changing my dietary habits frequently. But I've always had a very clean diet, which was hardly ever restrictive. What then? I have gained a few pounds already from being on this lifestyle, which is okay! I know it's because, even if I wasn't necessarily restricting my calories, I was certainly not eating around 2500 calories a day as I am now. I also feel great, which is fantastic. But. I really do wish I would lose some weight. I know I have to be patient, and I'm trying to be, really! But it's so difficult when I feel so terrible about myself already. The extra weight has been on me for so long and it's made me feel terrible. I want to look as great as I feel! 

I know this is a bit of an annoying subject (and I talked a lot!), so I apologize in advance. I would also like to thank anybody in advance for their replies. Best wishes to all! 

Views: 449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well yeah, I definitely wasn't eating enough fruits & raw veggies, but I was eating way more calories then than I am now, so that's my theory why I didn't gain any.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
Saturday
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Michael Lanfield posted a video
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
Friday
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Thursday
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
Thursday
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Jasmin's group
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Tabassum's group 811 España
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Tabassum's group
Jan 10
Jelle replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jan 7

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service