30 Bananas a Day!

Would like to make a fun realistic list of what would happen if everyone would eat a raw, human specific diet.  In my understanding it is mostly fruit, then veggies/greens, and a little bit of nuts/seeds.  Obviously if the world would be vegan the change would be profound but I specifically want to talk about the raw vegan diet which in my opinion has even more benefits to people and the world.  This list assumes that overall everything stays the same except the diet (of course, many other things would change like people would want to lead more natural lives etc but for the fun of it I'm going to imagine a similar world).  Please continue to add to this list in your comments! Thanks and have fun!

1. The grocery stores / supermarkets would compete in an amazing variety of plant foods, freshness, color, rarity, etc etc

2. Stores offering 20 varieties of bananas and 10 kinds of strawberries would be standard.

3. There would be just as many fast food places, but instead of burger size competing on the best, quickest smoothies, fruit salads, regular salads and anything else you might wish to get through your car window!

4. However, for most people hunger can simply be satisfied by that impressive supply of ready to eat fruit/veggies in specially designed coolers/containers always carried with them on the go.

5. There are also plenty of gourmet restaurants offering anything the heart desires made from raw plants including high fat dishes everyone knows to be eaten rarely.

6.  People would show off at parties not with that special recipe bbq but with that super rare exotic fruit they grew themselves with unimaginable effort and care.

7.  People's backyards, neighborhood streets, parks and rest areas are covered with fruit trees and berry bushes.  There is food on every corner if you want it (if it's in season of course).

8.  Most of the agriculture would be beautiful oxygen-giving orchards and the rest sustainable fields of greens and veggies.

9.  Due to the extremely healthful diets (and eventually lifestyles), the only reasons hospitals / clinics would exist is to treat accident victims and genetic diseases that cannot be prevented with diet.

10.  People's kitchens would change, with no stoves, ovens, grills and lots of specially designed storage for fruit / veggies, possibly several fridges / freezers per family.   

11.  Many diet branches like wild fruit supremacists, the mainly berries buddies, simply bananas, red food rulez and other crazy diet trends.

12.  Plenty of convenience food at gas stations consisting of frozen fruit deserts, dehydrated fruit mixes, make your own smoothie buffets etc etc.

13.  Large supplies of specially stored dehydrated and frozen fruits / veggies to be used in case of emergencies.  (of course even with everyone eating raw it would still be possible / prudent to store grain to be used as a last resort)

14.  Most people have indoor trees / plants, new technology allows more and more growing in basements and green houses for cold climates.

15.  Kids are happy not to ask for dessert / candy and instead eat dessert for dinner and all day long!

16.  All offices / schools have blenders for that quick smoothie.

17.  Debates like in our current growing online raw world, but on a global scale, to blend or not to blend, which berry is bests, the superfood among superfoods and so on.  There would be whole uncut food purists, fruit only extremists, fallen fruit only weirdos (no offense anyone), anti iceberg lettuce groups etc etc.  What fun!

I could go on and on but I'm tired and need to sleep.  Please help me out and add more items to the list.  Isn't this fun to imagine?  It is, after all, possible.  Looking forward to reading your replies!  

Views: 660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

18. Nobody would ask stupid questions like "where do you get you Broteennn" 

19. People have way more energy and everyone would be wild and crazy

20. We could have fun with the animals. 

First we dream it then we see it. Thank you so much for taking the time to inspire all the fruities. Love your imagination. 

Fruit is great, but you people are living in f***ing lah-lah land... There is a reason our genome supports 2-12 copies of AMY-1A, it's so that we can digest f***ing starch! Cooked motherf***ing starch! That gene strand freed us from the equator and allowed us to dominate the Earth and is one of the first things that separate us from apes, and now you want us to evolve backwards?!?! If you think you are best as a fruitarian then maybe you only have 2 AMY copies and can do it, but it's not the "human diet".
Get f***ing real!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qNGwYnIZd1QMetpY2WOTqSshPp_88YB_F...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tpNZAYBXNEMZDm1i7Er9CPth_nCJNiDHM...

Hello! I saw the last reply full of expletives which will probably get deleted however I would like to reply to it.  You said (modified to remove naughty words) : 

" There is a reason our genome supports 2-12 copies of AMY-1A, it's so that we can digest starch! Cooked     starch! That gene strand freed us from the equator and allowed us to dominate the Earth and is one of the first things that shape rate us from apes, and now you want us to evolve backwards?!?! If you think you are best as a fruitarian then maybe you only have 2 AMY copies and can do it, but it's not the "human diet". "

I can agree that we can digest starch, but just because we CAN doesn't have to mean we SHOULD. We can also eat and digest meat, but most here agree that we shouldn't and don't need to eat it. I can agree that eating starch and meat helped humans survive where and when there was not enough fruit. That's what makes humans so adaptable. Living in caves helped us survive before we could build shelter, should we all continue to live in caves because once it helped us survive? Yes we evolved since being a lot more ape-like, in part due to eating an unnatural diet. That's great but so what? If research and experience shows that an easy to digest frugivore diet is best, if people feel great and thrive on it, why go back to eating starch? Yes, that would be evolving backwards, finding out something works best for the human body but going back to something that used to work for us because there was no other choice! I believe and research shows that we started out more ape- like, with an ape-like frugivore diet that was best and most natural for our body, lifestyle and environment. Then, due to climate and other changes happening on the Earth, those ape-like creatures had to migrate and adapt, started eating a different diet including cooking and eventually became less ape-like and more human-like in many ways however with a similar base anatomy. Now that we have passed that difficult period we can go back to eating what's natural for our bodies. Did eating a diet unnatural to us, that most think of as human (hunter gatherer, paleo, starchy etc) help us become who we are today? Most definitely. Will eating a diet similar to apes and to our original diet turn us back into apes? No way. Eventually, people would lose those temporarily needed tools like lactose tolerance and being able to eat starch as a staple. Thanks, I appreciate your reply anyway!

also, fruit does contain some starches, so naturally we would want to be able to digest it.

I doubt my reply will get deleted, I said what needed to be said, and it's backed up by plenty of mechanistic evidence and research. Fruitarian diets on their other hand have literally "zero". Which is a real problem btw, it would be great if you fucking people started volunteering more: http://clinicalcenter.nih.gov/participate/studies/healthy_vol_prg.s...

And even the Neanderthals ate atleast half their deit as starch, the amylase profile of their genome was probably 2-5xAMY, so whatever came before them is gonna be the early fruigivore-human your talking about(which was not human), that's in the papers I cited earlier.

And "yes", we "would" evolve genetically, the abolition of lactose tolerance (which I have no prob with) would be the first step in that. Fully it would take atleast 500,000yrs, but I can't see that your ideology would have us suddenly stop eating fruit at random, so yeah, we would fucking evolve back to frugivores. Genetic evolution always comes after major behavioral changes, it doesn't just happen for no reason. But first, just as with animal based diets, we would see about 95% of the population parish, and nearly all of our resources of this era would be spent on providing fruit for the world, goodbye space exploration, and goodbye a perfectly good food source, at-least there'd be wars over food again. Think about it, all of this would happen even in a slow transition, and we might even get fucked by a comet by then.

Like I said, fruitarian diets are cool, just not for this era of humanity.  

@Koby Alexander Byerly We evolved on fruit. We became human on fruit. What distinguished us from the great Apes is we ate significantly more fruit than them and less greens. We were already human before we started eating starch and then we went through several adaptations after we incorporated other things into our diet.

"We were already human before we started eating starch"

The majority of the Neanderthals diet was starch. Find me a paper that shows otherwise.

I loved this.

The two cents I like to add is how good trees are for the environment.  Grains and many seasonal crops erode top soil.  Tree roots hold down soil, little to no erosion, absorb rain and flood water, are self fertilizing and have their own mini ecosystems ie microbes that break down leaves, twigs, and fallen fruits.  They trap greenhouse gas and produce oxygen.

Win Win for humans and the environment.

Calorie per acre, trees tend to product more too.  We could end world hunger and starvation.

Lets plant fruit trees in the parks so people have free food and recreation!

And the tree beat goes on. 

Peace, PK

"The two cents I like to add is how good trees are for the environment.  Grains and many seasonal crops erode top soil.  Tree roots hold down soil, little to no erosion, absorb rain and flood water, are self fertilizing and have their own mini ecosystems ie microbes that break down leaves, twigs, and fallen fruits.  They trap greenhouse gas and produce oxygen." 

^I'd be satisfied in a fruitarian world. 

"Win Win for humans"

^I doubt it. 

"Calorie per acre, trees tend to product more too."

^Could they grow everywhere needed, and could they grow in time?   

"We could end world hunger and starvation."

^Maybe, maybe not. I know you've seen that just the United States alone, could totally eradicate world hunger within 2 months by reallocating their "grain"(http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-milli...) But here everyone is talking about fruit. We can end world hunger with fruit instead? Fine, but again, lay-out the operation for me, show how this could start being done tomorrow, or in a year. Show something other that appreciation and fandom for this shit.

"Lets plant fruit trees in the parks so people have free food and recreation!"

^Hell yeah. How can I start doing this? 

Hm,

21) Walking around town will be a pleasure since you will always be among energetic, slim, and attractive people. 

22) Since people will have more energy they will be more likely to forgo the car and take walks and bike, so the stifling inner city smog will be a thing of the past.

23) No one will have to worry about going hungry since even if you can't afford imported supermarket fruit, there will be countless fruit trees scattered everywhere. Also, if we spent the money used for subsidizing cost of processed and animal foods on fruits, they will be dirt cheap anyway.

24) Many people will dress as their favorite fruit for Halloween.

25) No more 30 bananas a day necessary. There will be so many affordable options that people could easily get their calories from any fruit of choice, even exotic ones. 30bananasaday.com however will become more popular than facebook : )

26) Everything will smell better, since vegans are much more perceptive of smells. Leaving rotting garbage out on the streets like it's done in NYC will become unacceptable and offensive. Using strong smelling perfumes would too. Commuting on the bus will become tolerable since people will stink much less.

27) Instead of getting wasted we will bond with one another over other interests. Even when we are 20 and in college.

Basically, the world will be perfect in every way.

I think if we would increase fruit eating.... Tropical humid forest will extend in scale..and eventually covers almost 100% of earth with tropical earth forest.. Ecosystem of tropical forest could be extended to all earth long-term..

environment to adapt to the animal beings.. and human is like smart animal that determines ecosystem for all the animal under.... it will be more fair and respectable to sustain tropical forest extend for all the live forms... tropical forest is like a dream place!

We should teach everyone to spread the fruit tree seeds in public lands.. and free food for everyone... its the way we could reach global fruit forest.. each time you eat fruit...you spread the seeds in the forest.   like you spit some seeds on the ground.. or some bathroom that use the feces as compost with the undigested seeds.

Seed spreading is crucial ....every fruitarian should spread the seeds and teach new fruitarian to spread the seeds..

Good seed spreading movement.. it should  have a big banner on 30 bananas a aday  website.with message like Spread the seeds.Build world fruit forest of tomorrow

Promote fruitarian community in wild forest without any deforestation instead you build houses that are in harmony with the trees.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconJan and Zahra joined 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
ednshell posted a discussion
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Feb 17
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Feb 15
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 15
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service