30 Bananas a Day!

http://www.shiftfrequency.com/mike-adams-wheaties-cereal-found-to-c...

Wheaties breakfast cereal, manufactured by General Mills, has been found to contain so many microscopic fragments of metal that individual flakes can be lifted and carried using common magnets, a Natural News Forensic Food Lab investigation has found and documented. Photos of the microscopy investigation are posted now at labs.naturalnews.com

The metal bits are added to Wheaties cereal to enhance the nutritional profile and claim a higher iron content on the label, but lab director and food scientist Mike Adams is skeptical of the formulation. “Adding shards of metal to a cereal is not nutritionally equivalent to nutritive minerals formed during the growth of grain-producing plants,” he explains. “Bioavailability is vastly different.”

Adams believes adding metal fragments to a cereal mix in an effort to claim a higher nutritional content on the box is “inherently deceptive” and points out that the manufacturer, General Mills, has also sold other deceptively-labeled cereals such as “TOTAL Blueberry Pomegranate” which contains no blueberries nor pomegranates.

Here’s the shocking video of Mike Adams revealing Wheaties to contain shards of metal fragments while being lifted by magnets:

Views: 412

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Wow that magnet video clip is crazy! Very interesting, just goes to show you can never be certain of what you're eating when it comes to processed foods...

Mike Adams a 'food scientist' LMFAO!!!!

A 'fear-mongering snake oil salesman idiot' would be the right title.

I don't have a box of Wheaties available to me where I live, but Mike claims it's the same box available in any US grocery store.  All it would take is finding a box in a friend's pantry or even buying a box for "scientific purposes" and you, too, can call yourself a scientist.  *grin*

Do you think that it is added iron after production. I know that Kellogg cornflakes can be lifted with a large electro magnet. They have added iron.

I said this without watching the video :P

From the video it looks like it's embedded during the production process because he used a microscope to show it, so I'm assuming it's baked in.  However, I have NO way to test it myself because we don't have Wheaties where I am.  Getting hold of a trial-size box (see if Kellogg's will send one out to you because you're allergic to most cereals & would like to try before you buy, lol) and access to a microscope like Mike's would answer the question.

I know, at this point, you wouldn't be eating Wheaties anyway.  But if you were ever a breakfast cereal eater, wouldn't this bother you?  Because the article you link to just verifies it's there.  We didn't do that experiment in my school, either.  *grin*

I'm a reader and I still assumed "fortified with iron" meant they added some liquid or high-iron ingredient to increase the iron.  It never even occurred to me that it would be actual metal!  Considering the long-known ramifications of lead and aluminum on health, I know I wouldn't be comfortable eating iron metal.

Apparently, there are plenty of children suffering from iron toxicity.  Doctors are talking about the high iron content in meds, but there were plenty of times when a bowl of Rice Krispies were dinner for me and my brothers when my mom was bed-ridden.  I don't think it's too far of a leap to imagine that the "breakfast of champions" wouldn't be eaten similarly.

Thanks for clarifying, but you can't believe that's an ideal?

Folks aren't just eating damaging foods in isolation.  There's a plethora of chemicals and supplements and just basic nasties one ingests if one takes advertisers at their word about the healthy benefits of the food product.

WTF!!?!

So what is the difference between the iron in that cereal and the iron in snake-oil Mike's supplements?

Nothing. OMG.. how shocking is that.. :)

I unsubscribed from Mike's newsletter years ago so I'm not going to defend him.  Show the proof of iron fragments in his supplements and I'll be the first to applaud your research.

My only reason for bringing this up is that 100% of the people I could mention this to in Houston would have no idea that this is the method of mass iron-supplementation.

Poking food-stuff around with magnet ain't research..

As for the people in Houston.. just tell em to eat more fruit an veg..

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
3 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service