30 Bananas a Day!

What do you do when your famialy and friends all think your CRAZY? No support

I've been raw on and off for the past year and a half, staying mostly vegan though out.  A few months ago I decided to follow an 811 diet and thought it was/is fantastic.  All the other times I went raw I was eating mostly veggies and drinking juice.  My stomach didnt agree with my eating habbits but Im totally fine on the fruit!

Anyway, I'm in love with the life style but everyone thinks I'm crazy.  Even my overly health conscious vegetarian boy friend thinks I'm listening to a bunch of crazy talk.  -Sigh-  

I don't know what to do. 

Views: 982

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice, just be happy the people will bring you fruit!

Just tell them that fruit tastes the best and greens clean your teeth.

you could take the sarcastic approach (wink wink) and say the resaon you eat a high carb low fat raw vegan diet is because dr house is full booked with potential pateints like yourself 

If I would ever watch TV, it would be this show :)

Hehe, I don't really watch TV but I know the concept of the show.  Maybe I'll give that a shot with some people.  Thanks

Because they're not feisty enough to go against mainstream (even vegan and vegetarian mainstream) and do it themselves.  Only you are walking the talk.  Relish your vibrance.

In converstations with family I always keep the focus on how great fruit makes me feel, just like you said.  How the heck can you argue with feeling good?

I had it to! Well it's still happening now! I hope this helps! At first I dint have enough knowledge so when they said I needed this that and the other I felt ba ked into a corner. So knowledge is power that will give you the confidence to know your body and that it feels right! The longer your on it and the more benefits u receive the more you shine is when they will turn from judgemental to curios! Sometimes the  reasons Is because they care and this is all new to them to, sometimes I think it's because they feel your questioning their way of life so it can be down to their insecurity! You will learn to develop the skills to handle it when you know more and feel confident doing it! Now when people call me a monkey or fruit look I laugh and welcome it! Even in the supermarket when I first started this way I was embarrassed when people would stare at my trolley and ask if I have a monkey, now I say hey I'm the monkey and I love fruit and having a clear mind and cells full of energy! If you are defensive about it you will inturn get more lack of understanding, so ride it out build your confidence and inner peace and know your doing the best to help you that's all that matters! It's purely lack of understanding. Be the light house shining bright ;) lead by example xx
You need to educate yourself so you have a solid foundation to stand firm on. That will give you more confidence. Get a physiology textbook and study it. Guyton halls textbook of medical physiology is awesome it has a chapter on sports physiology which is a great reference point

Well the problem is who want to find a way find it, who want to find a reason find it too.

I come from a family that hunts and fishes all the time.  It is traditional pastime in our family.  I am looked at as not a "real" man by my family.  I do not care.  I find it sickening that their lives are based around the exploitation of animals.   Every single time I am at a family gathering, everyone asks me about my diet and how I am doing.  I ALWAYS get asked about protein, and if my sex drive is weaker.  Gets pretty annoying, but I just do not pay it much attention and try to stay as positive as I can.

"It's not about being who everyone else wants you to be, it's about being yourself and finding someone who loves every bit of it!"

I refuse to hang with downers. I don't care if its family or not. Why hang with downers?

People are welcome to come eat, train, chill with me but I won't chase and 'try and convince' them. Did that for way too long. Waste of life time.

Besides, there is WAY too many people out there that wan't people like us to rub off on em. 

Think about it.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
Tuesday
Peter posted photos
Tuesday
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
Monday
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
Monday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 4 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/35Q1zYN"
May 12

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service