30 Bananas a Day!

So I was wondering what you all sleep on?  I just read that most mattresses are not vegan! And they are filling land fills causing a pollution problem!  I am selling my King mattress tomorrow and am debating what to buy now. I know I want a small bed but want something that is vegan and "green"

Thoughts?.......

Views: 3106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Memory foam isn't, but you can get natural latex (from trees) that is that feels great. The organic mattress store in PA is great for all natural mattresses and bedding -- but they are pricey. 

If you already have a mattress isn't it waist full to buy a new one? Just my thoughts on it.

Sold my mattress and bed frame for $250! Love Craigslist!

My family and I sleep on an organic thai mattress on the floor. It's kapok fiber (from trees) and organic cotton. It rolls up and ties, so I can put it away during the day. The linens are organic cotton (used, no less)! 

We considered a hammock, but the whole family likes to sleep together and a hammock wouldn't make that possible. 

We tried kapok and it was irritating to our lungs so anyone with asthma or lung conditions use with caution.

We haven't had any problems. I vacuum it every day before I put it away (i notice that it's "dusty" on the bottom), though. Maybe that helps?

You can get all cotton and cotton/hemp ones too -- there are lots out there.

But I think the next go-around (when these wear out), we'll just sleep straight on the floor. It's about the same firmness. 

Or, if our next floors are hardwood, we might get a good cotton rug for underneath us. 

vegan girls sleep on vegan boys;P

Haha oh Chris! ;)

I am vegan and I have been sleeping in a hammock in my room for over 5 years...brazillian style family size. I use an eno travel tent hammock for when im abroad. 

But maybe you should not consider if something is a "vegan thing" to do or not. I sleep on a hammock because I get freaked out over bed bugs in mattresses, and also because a few days on a bed makes me so sore. 

Consider whats important to you and why but don't make a choice so you can say it's vegan. If keeping things green, animal free, and organic is important, then do it! :)

I agree with this not-labelling thing.

health-seeking folks often want to find great ways to live that will increase health and so on. Sleeping is one of those things. :) 

Japanese Tatami mats!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Sunday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service